Pattaya Prices

JimTripper

1 minute ago, Guderian said:

Well at least you can get almost anything here, unlike more remote parts of the country with far smaller farang populations. In the 1980's I lived in the Niger Delta for 7 years and almost all imports were banned. We had large salaries and plenty of money but nothing much to spend it on. Sometimes one of the service companies might get a shipment of food brought up illicitly from Gabon, and we were more than happy to pay the equivalent of £10 for a can of asparagus, or £30 for a bottle of beaujolais. Pattaya is infinitely better, imported things may not be cheap here but they're not usually unaffordable and at least you can buy the stuff if you want it. And maybe the biggest plus here that people take for granted is the wide selection of high-quality breads, I've never seen anything like it in the tropics. A mate of mine lives up country in Amnat Charoen (I know, where?), and if he wants decent foreign-style bread he has to make a 150 km round-trip to Ubon Ratchathani, and even then the selection is very limited. Most of us living in Pattaya forget just how lucky we are here compared with most places.

Whilst I agree with all that, things have changed over the last 15 years.

There are far more 'Farang friendly' outlets and a big increase in local Farang distribution. When I stay in Buriram province I can get supplies of everything that I can get in Pattaya

6 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Whilst I agree with all that, things have changed over the last 15 years.

There are far more 'Farang friendly' outlets and a big increase in local Farang distribution. When I stay in Buriram province I can get supplies of everything that I can get in Pattaya

Because you order from Pattaya based businesses like Siambury?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

Great idea. Pattaya has something for everyone, very diverse area. Quiet suburbs, beach, small Thai town (Naklua, Banglmung), Thai Riviera, nightlife (or not), fleabag rooms to penthouses. Extremely convenient--not just for buying Branston Pickle and the like but for restos, medical care, transportation, golf and other resorts, proximity to airports and Bangkok, visa services, etc. Weather's a bit better here than in other parts of Thailand.

Inflation is worldwide, but Pattaya's prices will likely remain relatively cheap in competition with other resort areas. You wanna move out to the weeds, that's always an option.

Here, for decades our trolls have always been proclaiming that everyone's leaving Pattaya and indeed Thailand. You may ignore those. Lot of sour grapes and revenge for imagined mistreatment. Most know little about greater Pattaya.

Few wish to leave unless for financially relevant reasons such as for free medical care back home or free schooling for kids. Sometimes a Thai woman will persuade them to move upcountry to her village.???? A few get infected with the hellish brain-eating Whither Pattaya? Whither Thailand? space monkeys and troll until they finally win relief by leaving, with much noise & fanfare.

Meanwhile, the vast majority moving here don't bother announcing it on the forum. Why would they? The vast majority contented with living here don't bother posting about it. Nobody in my building posts here. Anyway, if they did, our trolls would soon attack.

So you'll need to live around in various areas and talk to people living here. Probably the cheaper rent you pay (or cheaper price you pay for a property) the greater the chance you'll run into malcontents. Having sufficient income and being able to afford more comfortable living conditions makes a big difference in one's attitude anywhere.

Pattaya doesn't really offer that champagne lifestyle on a beer budget so many have sought in vain here; that's been a source of disappointment and whinging; but if you're adaptable, a beer budget will do.???? Here ya go: the sweet side of Pattaya:

You are sure that you did not choose the wrong video? This is the Pattaya version for family tourists ????. On YouTube there are endless other videos that show the sex and booze nightlife ????. The noisiest place is Central Pattaya. Avoid it if you don't want to hear extreme noise and if you don't want to see hookers, sex tourists and booze tourists. Many parts of Central Pattaya are red light districts. 

• Haha 1

Just now, BigStar said:

Sure. When I said "sweet side," were you perhaps thinking "cunnilingus?"

Anybody don't know that?

And so I chose a vid avoiding exactly those. I don't see your problem.

I never saw such a boring video about Pattaya ????.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

You are sure that you did not choose the wrong video? This is the Pattaya version for family tourists ????. On YouTube there are endless other videos that show the sex and booze nightlife ????. The noisiest place is Central Pattaya. Avoid it if you don't want to hear extreme noise and if you don't want to see hookers, sex tourists and booze tourists. Many parts of Central Pattaya are red light districts. 

What's a booze tourist?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

What's a booze tourist?

The people that hang around at the bars and drink all night (some sit there at daytime already and drink). In Central Pattaya you will see mostly male tourists looking for booze and sex at night. You cannot even walk on the Beach Road at night time if you want to avoid the sex business. 

19 hours ago, Guderian said:

Well at least you can get almost anything here, unlike more remote parts of the country with far smaller farang populations. In the 1980's I lived in the Niger Delta for 7 years and almost all imports were banned. We had large salaries and plenty of money but nothing much to spend it on. Sometimes one of the service companies might get a shipment of food brought up illicitly from Gabon, and we were more than happy to pay the equivalent of £10 for a can of asparagus, or £30 for a bottle of beaujolais. Pattaya is infinitely better, imported things may not be cheap here but they're not usually unaffordable and at least you can buy the stuff if you want it. And maybe the biggest plus here that people take for granted is the wide selection of high-quality breads, I've never seen anything like it in the tropics. A mate of mine lives up country in Amnat Charoen (I know, where?), and if he wants decent foreign-style bread he has to make a 150 km round-trip to Ubon Ratchathani, and even then the selection is very limited. Most of us living in Pattaya forget just how lucky we are here compared with most places.

Most of us living in Amnaat Charoen forget just how lucky we are here compared with most places.

19 hours ago, dddave said:

I rent a older Honda Click for B1200/m. 

Why haven't you bought one in your own name..... ?

My Mrs nagged me into it and 15 years later, still got it and reckon it has paid for itself a few times over. (Would only be about 5 years to cover it). 

• Like 1