Pattaya Prices

JimTripper

43 minutes ago, heybuz said:

Nookie as a word has a different connotation where I come from, something you'll find in the red light district.

I am well aware of that.....

Roger de Courcey introduced the innuendo of the word with his ventriloquist act in the 1970/80's

Edited by hotandsticky

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

When I first thought of retiring in Thailand, and based on my relationship at that time, I saw myself in a rural setting with fruit trees hopefully not too far from a city and a beach. But in reality I think I want somewhere with western comforts, reasonably priced good accommodation options, gym and swimming pool available, walking along a beach nearby might be nice even if not so good for swimming, other beaches and a big city not too far away, food and fun close by. Pattaya isn't somewhere I'd go for a holiday but it seems to tick boxes as an option as somewhere to live at least for six months at a time. 

Me same. I like Isaan but too boring full time. But Id go CM or Krabi or PKK.

On 11/4/2022 at 12:20 PM, proton said:

If you are interested in degradation, cheapish rough looking women, never ending pavement works, scammers on the beach, loud nightlife and terrible traffic it's just the place ????

Most parts of the UK are like this - though many without a beach, and those that do are half covered in excrement. 

But, of course, for farangs, Thailand is the pits in all respects - except that they choose to stay here.  Strange people, farangs.

PH

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/5/2022 at 3:52 PM, BigStar said:

Whether that's a good or bad thing is a matter of serious debate here, though not among Isaan girls themselves.

Ahhh, yes, once they have a taste of the bright lights of Pattaya, and the various capital cities in farangland, they still aspire to return to the rice fields of Issan.  ????

"Does anyone think it's still a good idea to live long term in Pattaya?

I have been seeing reports & video's that people want to leave and that the prices are too high on everything. I'm not seeing any positive chatter at all."

No, it's getting way too expensive here. I agree, it's best all the dudes to leave while they can and find another destination.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Richard 2020 said:

After living in Thailand for 32 years, 5 years in Bangkok and 28 years in Pattaya, I am convinced that I did everything right.

I have never met any expats in Thailand that have ever admitted to doing anything wrong.  ???? 

17 hours ago, Richard 2020 said:

After living in Thailand for 32 years, 5 years in Bangkok and 28 years in Pattaya, I am convinced that I did everything right.

32 years in Thailand and you only discovered TV/AN last year?  ????

Nice to see though, that you aren't one of those posters that joined a year ago and has accumulated 7,000 posts..  ????

• Haha 1

On 11/4/2022 at 11:32 AM, Guderian said:

Well at least you can get almost anything here, unlike more remote parts of the country with far smaller farang populations. In the 1980's I lived in the Niger Delta for 7 years and almost all imports were banned. We had large salaries and plenty of money but nothing much to spend it on. Sometimes one of the service companies might get a shipment of food brought up illicitly from Gabon, and we were more than happy to pay the equivalent of £10 for a can of asparagus, or £30 for a bottle of beaujolais. Pattaya is infinitely better, imported things may not be cheap here but they're not usually unaffordable and at least you can buy the stuff if you want it. And maybe the biggest plus here that people take for granted is the wide selection of high-quality breads, I've never seen anything like it in the tropics. A mate of mine lives up country in Amnat Charoen (I know, where?), and if he wants decent foreign-style bread he has to make a 150 km round-trip to Ubon Ratchathani, and even then the selection is very limited. Most of us living in Pattaya forget just how lucky we are here compared with most places.

What are you comparing with the Niger Delta the 1980's? Nonsense Absolutely nothing to do with the sublect

On 11/4/2022 at 12:20 PM, proton said:

If you are interested in degradation, cheapish rough looking women, never ending pavement works, scammers on the beach, loud nightlife and terrible traffic it's just the place ????

do you live next to a garbage plant?

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, cdemundo said:

Exactly.

Threads about Pattaya always bring out pearl clutchers who are so offended by what goes on in Pattaya yet they know all about it and maintain a keen interest chiming in with their condemnation in every Pattaya thread (OK not every thread).

Often they say "I've never been to Pattaya but..." or "I only went there cuz friends dragged me there...".

Reminds of a photo Ive seen of a religious nut with a sign condemning homosexuality and a fella next to him with a sign with an arrow indicating the religious nut and the text saying "Never misses a gay event".

As for me I can resist everything but temptation so I like Pattaya just fine.

Somebody said earlier that people actually enjoy complaining, so who cares if your listening?

On 11/4/2022 at 10:32 AM, Jingthing said:

Yes Pattaya is still the best of all possible worlds.

The baht bus fare is still 10 baht.

Come on down

You won't regret lt.

Good for you but baht busses are a no-no for me because I had 2 broken ankles and have problems walking let alone jump on to a baht bus I have yet to see a taxi with a meter 

32 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Good for you but baht busses are a no-no for me because I had 2 broken ankles and have problems walking let alone jump on to a baht bus I have yet to see a taxi with a meter 

How do you get food and other things if you can’t walk well? Do you live right downtown where everything is close by?

7 hours ago, still kicking said:

Have you tried bolt ? No need for a meter, prices seem very low and displayed on your phone when you book.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1