AirBnb host tells me they never make TM30

9 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Having said that, if you do need a TM30 for immigration purposes (extension or conversion) then either stay at a hotel or get a long term rental with proper paperwork and an owner who will do TM30 for you.

I don't know yet if Immigration will require a TM30 when I go there to get a Non-O visa based on age.

It's too late to change. I already booked with AirBnb

It's only the second time I book AirBnb.  In 2019 I first went to an AirBnb place then to an apartment hotel. I was never asked TM30 then. I just asked thistime because I read on this forum that Immigration will require it to issue a Non-O visa

38 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

No. The owner/manager of the property should.

If you do not have one - they get the fine.

However, many hosts do not do it.

Ok they must have got many fines before then. Immigration will not make it an issue to grant me a Non-O visa ?

Do you have a legal link I could send to them, in case they ignore, but most probably they don't want.

They answered me :

All our other tenants are like this.
We only provide information about TM30, and they can do it.
There will be no fines.

Can I really do it myself ?

Edited by daejung

I provide my tenants the details required to do the TM30's themselves - I have no intention of keeping track of their comings and goings..

I keep a record of the email showing they have the details,

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

I provide my tenants the details required to do the TM30's themselves - I have no intention of keeping track of their comings and goings..

I keep a record of the email showing they have the details,

FritsSikkink says Bangkok immigration doesn't need it, so I will not do it myself

Out of curiosity how do your tenants doit themselves ? By internet or going to Immigration ?

7 minutes ago, daejung said:

FritsSikkink says Bangkok immigration doesn't need it, so I will not do it myself

Out of curiosity how do your tenants doit themselves ? By internet or going to Immigration ?

Internet - I just give them login and password.

In general post Covid we've been based in the UK so we're not popping in to do TM30's for anybody.

Edited by Pmbkk

BTW - how long are you staying. If you're just a tourist I wouldn't worry about it if you don't need it for any type of visa renewal.

Stay in a hotel for one night and they're responsible for doing it.

Edited by Pmbkk
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pmbkk said:

BTW - how long are you staying. If you're just a tourist I wouldn't worry about it if you don't need it for any type of visa renewal.

6 months

I earlier spoke of getting a Non-O visa. I will ask a yearly extension, as I did before covid-19 period

1 hour ago, Pmbkk said:

Anyway, you have to get a new TM30 anytime you change your place, don't you ?

Edited by daejung

Certainly Jomtien Immigration check if going for a non imm O or extension. Fine is 2,000 baht max. As someone suggested above you could stay in hotel for a night who should report to Immigration, check before you book there

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Certainly Jomtien Immigration check if going for a non imm O or extension. Fine is 2,000 baht max. As someone suggested above you could stay in hotel for a night who should report to Immigration, check before you book there

Hello, only a fine ? without risk of not getting visa or extension ?

Paying an hotel which I don't need to avoid 2000 baht fine. I prefer to  pay the fine

Edited by daejung

Yes, that is normal, they usually never do. You can do it yourself if you fear so much. Same with staying at many guesthouses, who not do it.

The fine speaking nonsense would only apply if you would be on yearly visa extensions where you usually stay at the same place, otherwise you could still have your last stay at a legit hotel, and thus have the most recent TM30 report too. Beside the fine being peanuts.

Imagine they would check each of your 365 days stay and verify it lol. For what reason even, you could still purposely fake it too. They track us down based on the phone number, if they need you.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

6 hours ago, daejung said:

Ok they must have got many fines before then. Immigration will not make it an issue to grant me a Non-O visa ?

Do you have a legal link I could send to them, in case they ignore, but most probably they don't want.

They answered me :

Can I really do it myself ?

yes you can, many do

20 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

The fine speaking nonsense would only apply if you would be on yearly visa extensions where you usually stay at the same place,

Not true in many areas. It obviously varies by location.

Here on Samui, there are lots of Airbnb places.

Immigration go round every now and again, knocking on doors, checking for TM 30 and other 'misdemeanours'.

The TM 30 is needed here on Samui for any visa extension. They often refuse to give it if you do not show up on the database.

You will not be fined. The host will.

Many hosts do not do it as they do not want to pay for villa licences, pay taxes, get work permits etc etc.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, itsari said:

Inform Airbnb that the host is refusing to comply with the local regulations as that is there obligation to follow .

Very true.

And TM 30 is a legal requirement here in Thailand.

From the Thai embassy -

The TM30 notification and its underlying laws are about the obligation of a landlord (housemaster, possessor, or manager) to report the stay of a foreigner (non-Thai national) in his/her property. All foreigners staying in Thailand and their hosts should be very well aware of this.

Just do a search "is the TM 30 a legal requirement in Thailand"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Very true.

And TM 30 is a legal requirement here in Thailand.

From the Thai embassy -

Just do a search "is the TM 30 a legal requirement in Thailand"

Airbnb avoid bad publicity .

This post is bad publicity for people considering using Airbnb when in Thailand.

I have been hosting now for 3 years and always obtain a TM30 for foreign guests 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps an agency can sort it for a price.

Once you are registered on-line, it takes less than 5 minutes.

Send them to me and I will do them - for a price. (And I have a work permit. ????)

4 hours ago, daejung said:

Anyway, you have to get a new TM30 anytime you change your place, don't you ?

Legally yes. But it seems that a number of people here are happy to operate illegally.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, itsari said:

Inform Airbnb that the host is refusing to comply with the local regulations as that is there obligation to follow .

Great idea, antagonise the owner of the place by complaining to Airbnb, that's really going to help the OP! 

Edited by Liverpool Lou

21 minutes ago, pomchop said:

so if you are asking for a 30 day extension on a single entry 60 day tourist visa at jomtiem do you need this tm30 thing?  

The extensions are based on where you are registered. It also depends on the visa.

The TM 30 is for a change of address. eg.

I am registered at my home.

When I go away for a break, I provide my details to the owner/manager of the temporary address for the TM 30.

When I return home, I do not need to do the TM 30. I am already registered there.

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Great idea, antagonise the owner of the place by complaining to Airbnb, that's really going to help the OP! 

The host is annoying the guest .Airbnb will remind the host of his or her obligation as being a Airbnb host.

7 hours ago, daejung said:

AFAIK the wording is "housemaster" the person who is in charge of the rental - in my case, I was fined for not completing a TM30 (when no-one did it) 

The landlord told my wife to tell immigration to keep their fine, he wouldn't be paying it, not his problem. They then said my wife could be deemed "the housemaster" because she was the Thai person in charge of the rental.

When we moved to our current rental, my wife took copies of the owners ID, the house book (both signed) my passport and everything, wifes ID and she filed the tm30.

Khon Kaen immigration mentioned that it was the job of the owner, but accepted everything after we explained the landlady was just some old village woman with no transport - and then I threw the slip away, so when we went to get my yearly extension, then asked us to file another TM30 which we did with copies of the paperwork that we had. 

Won't you need to have a copy of the rental agreement / landlords ID and housebook for your retirement extension?

Edited by recom273