Drunk army sergeant charged with vehicular homicide after killing couple at Chiang Mai intersection

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He will be dealt with by a military court. 

Be interesting to see how that ends up. There usually a little more lenient to thier own.

Its terrible outcome for everyone involved. 

4 hours ago, outsider said:

All these unnecessary deaths caused by drunk drivers, mobile devices-yielding motorists and gun-totting psychopaths should be stopped. But who can stop it? There is no will from any party to enforce the law, beyond the sporadic knee-jerk reactions and some empty vows in response to some random events. Otherwise it's just another day in Thailand. The RTP? They're capable of zilch. Nyet. Nada. The square-root of jack. Us foreigners can't do much beyond the usual ranting in Asean Now. But surely the Thais must be tired of all this happening to their countryfolks? Don't they want to see a stop to this? It could happen to any of their loved ones and when it does, it's already too late.

So this doesn't happen in falangland? No it can't be stopped, that is how it is, you can't control everything.

7 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

So this doesn't happen in falangland? No it can't be stopped, that is how it is, you can't control everything.

You cannot stop it completely , but you can cut down on the number of deaths or accidents in drink driving cases , by making the punishments more severe for those wo get caught Drinking and driving .

Regular roadside testing and fines, lose licence and jail for offenders would cut the number of people who D & D 

• Thanks 1

Here we go again Thais are worried about farang criminals enter the country on visa entry at border ! Army sergeant kills couple drunk surrendering next day possibly with Thai Military MP I guess ???? and it be OK few ???????????? still keep his career even though orphaned the kid ... killed 2 people <deleted>, What else he been up too?

46 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Thus lowly sargeant fella will face a serious stretch me thinks but that manslaughter creep Red Bull ponce is enjoying himself anywhere he pleases with impunity.

Lovely world we live in huh.

Money doesnt just talk it shouts in this country .

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, webcrawler00 said:

some cars stopped others flew by totally ignoring their red light.

Also, for drivers stopping--as they should, be aware of the other drivers assuming you're going to go through and run into the back of you. I've had this happen a few times, luckily I was monitoring the rear view mirror and avoided an accident. 

My suggestion is to implement a law, that carries a penalty that is equivalent to double the prison time a civilian would receive, for any active duty soldier, army official, or police, charged with a crime. As we have recently seen, there are alot of misbehaving fools in those  institutions. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, still kicking said:

Nonsense 

Human behaviour is what it is, the death penalty doesn't stop murders, strict laws, controls and harsh punishments doesn't stop drink driving in the west, general knowledge regarding the futility of war doesn't mean the world is peaceful. Human beings are an enigma, selfish, caring, loving, hateful, logical, irrational, spiritual, materialistic, greedy and generous, it's what we are, we aren't in control, causality is.

On 11/7/2022 at 3:02 PM, tandor said:

Are they implying he left he scene?  Regarding alcohol level in a persons body; alcohol leaves the body at the rate of 0.01% per hour. If a driver elects a blood test; then the reading is always higher than a Breathalyzer Machine. Of course, the main reason to do the despicable act of leaving the scene, throws the whole opportunity to analyse the driver into jeopardy. Poor and inaccurate reporting once again!  RIP the couple and prayers for the child's recovery.

we'll protect you brother.. remember we are talking military here..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/7/2022 at 3:22 PM, Mywayboy said:

He'll be demoted to Corporal &sent on his merry way.

RIP THE VICTIMS 

Yes something like that which is my point! Its a bloody disgrace for the Thai people who aren't the a privileged RTP or RTA individuals.  The fact that any members of the Thai forces mostly get lenient sentences compared to ordinary Thais or Farangs!!

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 3:17 PM, paul1804 said:

When are the authorities going to take proper action against the constant reports of police & army drunk in charge and causing serious bodily harm! These are the very people that are supposed to be law abiding and lead by example but its so often not the case!!

Never! TIT. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2022 at 7:57 PM, malibukid said:

drunk or not stupid Thai's speed through red lights all the time.  where are the cameras, enforcement?

Drunk or not…I see a lot of stupid westerners on the road everyday I’m in the city. Just last week I seen a dingbat westerner tearing out of a motorcycle rental shop and slammed into a car, not 30 meters from the shop. Stupid westerners ????