Change passport after extension of stay in may 2023

Hi all, apologies if this subject has been done to death already.

im a Uk passport holder and I also have an Irish passport, I’m here on a non immigrant  ‘O’ visa based on retirement, my extension of stay is due on 22 may 2023, I need to leave Thailand in September 2023 as I have a rental property in france that will go on the market after the summer season so I need to go back to sort that all out, in between all that happening I will be getting married to the gf June or July 2023 and I’m going to use my Irish citizenship to do the affirmations of marriage stuff, so I want to enter Thailand using my Irish passport I will arrive in a 30 day tourist visa waiver and then extend that for 30 days then apply for  Non immigrant ‘O’ based on marriage, so how long does the 400,000 baht have to be in the bank for before applying for the non ‘O’ ? I’m then thinking of doing the monthly income method because the Irish embassy still issue letters for immigration to say I meet the monthly income demands.

im basically wanting to change to using my Irish passport as it seems easier to use than my Uk one, ie: the Irish embassy issue income letters that satisfy immigration, and I can apply for a new passport online rather than going to the embassy, and my mrs will find it easier to travel with me to Europe by being the partner of a European citizen.

what are the thoughts on doing this? Anyone have experience of doing the same?
I look forward to your replies.

You would first have to apply for a non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai first. The 400k baht only has to be in the bank on the day you apply for the visa. If you can get proof of at least 40k baht of income you could use it as well.

See: https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/6.FOR-PROVIDING-SUPPORT-TO-OR-BEING-A-DEPENDANT-OF-A-THAI-CITIZEN-SPOUSE-VISA-NON-O.pdf

Then when you apply for the extension of stay the 400k baht will need to be in the bank for 2 months or use the proof of 40k baht income.

22 hours ago, essex boys said:

I’m here on a non immigrant  ‘O’ visa based on retirement, my extension of stay is due on 22 may 2023, I need to leave Thailand in September 2023

Nothing wrong with your logic but possibly the timing.

You haven't said what you plan to do at the end of current extension. If you renew it you will probably have a problem getting married. The Amphur will be looking for the affirmation to be from the same embassy as your passport with the extension.

I would suggest that in May you go to Laos or Vietnam on your Irish passport and come back on a tourist visa and get married. You can then extend the tourist visa which should take you near September. You could then leave Thailand and come back on a Non O or visa exempt.