COVID-19 infections on the rise among people not fully vaccinated

webfact

On 11/9/2022 at 9:26 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. scared people can protect themselves with proper masks. It's not non mask wearers job to protect them.

But it is their civic duty to not willingly spread a virus that is potentially very harmful to some of those they come into contact with. What a selfish attitude.

Do you also advocate that men with STD's should not have to bother wearing condoms?

8 hours ago, Lizzy Duang said:

I noticed a while ago that cardiology in BPH...

Eight days after getting my Pfizer booster, I experienced mild but pervasive chest pain.  I decided to play it safe and visit the Heart Health Center at Bangkok Hospital.  They had me perform a stress test while doing an EKG, but found nothing to be concerned about.  The doctor felt it was most likely the result of the booster and it was not the first case he had seen.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Had 4 shots now, still got covid, however, was mild and lasted only two days. Masks wont stop it completely, just as important to regularly santise hands, something people seem to forget.

Agree. to me, that's the one good thing about the pandemic. It's educated (some) people on that score and made it almost a "norm" to carry and use hand sanitiser. Also, (and I speak for UK now) the availability of cleanser is so much greater.

On 11/9/2022 at 11:43 AM, LukKrueng said:

Proven you say? So where is this proof? You are more likely to find that the proof, proves the exact opposite. See below

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2021/09/surgical-masks-covid-19.html 

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2014564118

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of removed post removed

11 hours ago, wombat said:

Er...once again...

The injection does not stop you getting covid it is not a vaccination that imunises it only lessens the severity if you catch covid.

Am I wrong?

You’re not wrong.

For some reason, this point is invariably lost on the vaccine refuseniks, conspiracy moonbats and YouTube “researchers.”

• Like 2

15 hours ago, wombat said:

Er...once again...

The injection does not stop you getting covid it is not a vaccination that imunises it only lessens the severity if you catch covid.

Am I wrong?

You’re absolutely right but those who think they’re invincible prefer to find out the hard way….. which suits me just fine.

1 hour ago, Fairynuff said:

Oh, so the dead and hospitalised people are not really dead or in hospital, because you apparently know better.

Very bad read. The initial versions of covid were nasty. The subsequent variants proved themselves to be much milder. Omi is quite benign for all but the most vulnerable. The lack of fatalaties demonstrate that. Little to worry about now. 

27 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The lack of fatalaties

In your home country,  2500 fatalities  per week.

Much, much more than traffic fatalities.

English is not my mother tongue, didn't know that 2500 is called "a lack of".

6 hours ago, Lorry said:

In your home country,  2500 fatalities  per week.

Much, much more than traffic fatalities.

English is not my mother tongue, didn't know that 2500 is called "a lack of".

3,458,000 people died of something in the US last year. We don't know enough about covid to know how many who died of it were very fragile, very old, very susceptible to any flu, etc., etc. To just look at the overall numbers and draw a simple conclusion is likely not accurate, nor scientific. 

9 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

Oh, so the dead and hospitalised people are not really dead or in hospital, because you apparently know better.

The covid deaths in the UK were recorded as anyone who died within 28 days of a positive test so clearly those numbers are nonsense. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LarryB said:

I LOVE the "if not for the jab he would have been dead" knee-jerk reaction. 

My account is 100% accurate and truthful. But you carry on believing what you're told to believe. I'll believe my own eyes and experience. 

That you can not even read and quote my post correctly tells us exactly how 100% accurate and truthful all your 20 something posts in this forum might be.???? ????

After I had 3 vaccines, I caught COVID, and it took a week to get over the cold, then flu symptoms, then another week to get over

Bronchitis. I had 2 relatives die from the first 2 variants of COVID, and since then a few friends. I read  that this flu  season is supposed to be a bad one, and I do not need to catch it either. I will be masking up again when I am in a place with large crowds like

malls and grocery stores. I just hope that the present variants of COVID stay weaker than the first 3 ones were.

That Covid is still around, and a danger, is obvious if you look at the various statistics. First 2 years yes a lot of people died, but less now due to vaccinations and milder versions - BUT in the UK 20,000 still died in the last 6 months with/of Covid. It is hard of course to say if some of them would have died anyway, but Covid was a factor which may have caused those deaths. I am sure the same applies with flu - it is a factor in death, but possibly not the only one.. At 20,000 Covid deaths over the warmer months it is like a never ending flu epidemic. 

Unfortunately the newer variants are just so infectious that it is near impossible to avoid getting it sooner or later; we just have to grit out teeth and get on with life. Nearly everybody i know only got it this year, all vaccinated, all survived. One distant relative died of it in the first year. One person i know suffered long covid and hasn't worked in nearly 2 years (in his 30's). To put it in another context, death rate/cases is now about one in a thousand, similar to dengue.

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Very bad read. The initial versions of covid were nasty. The subsequent variants proved themselves to be much milder. Omi is quite benign for all but the most vulnerable. The lack of fatalaties demonstrate that. Little to worry about now. 

Except for those who die from it who are mot considered the most vulnerable. But thanks for wonderful insight doctor.

• Like 1

God I wish these medical leeches would just go back to whatever they were doing before covid

the country’s buckled economy is still recovering and I doubt many , if any, have an appetite to go back to the BS of 20-21

Edited by UbonEagle