financial requirements for Non 0 marriage visa

HI all, the Thai form I have says  'A letter of guarantee from the local or overseas Embassy or Consulate, proving the monthly pension of the Applicant not less than Baht 40,000/month and show source of income'. Im in Oz now, does this mean I apply for the guarantee letter from Thai embassy in Sydney or Canberra using my bank statements? Also have SCB statements showing more than 40k per month for 12 months. I dont want to use the 400k option. Thanks in advance, Glen

You will not be able to get proof of your income from the Australian embassy here. They stopped doing them in 2018.

If you can prove a year of transfers equal to or more than 40k baht from abroad it can be used to apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage.

If applying for a non-o visa at immigration they will not accept transfers. You can only use the 400k baht in the bank option. If you need a non-o visa it would be best to apply for the non-o visa at a nearby embassy or consulate.

14 minutes ago, redwhiteandblue said:

The problem with this kind of visa is that you have to leave the country every 90 days.

Yep correct, could do border runs, leave in the morning and come back the same day or do as we did and we went travelling in Asia

We knew when we had to leave the country so could book according to that.

44 minutes ago, redwhiteandblue said:

The problem with this kind of visa is that you have to leave the country every 90 days.

If married to Thai you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit her for each 90 day stay from the non-o visa.

• Like 1

Mate, you apply for the Visa through the Thai embassy in Canberra. All the information and forms are on the Thai Immigration website. You send your application to the Embassy by Aussie Post. 

You will need proof of some funds in a Thai bank account, your wife will have to write a cover letter. I sent a copy of a statement I downloaded from my Thai Bank's internet website. I also applied for the 12 month multi entry Non O visa which costs $300, I was granted this visa.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coota said:

Mate, you apply for the Visa through the Thai embassy in Canberra. All the information and forms are on the Thai Immigration website. You send your application to the Embassy by Aussie Post. 

When did you do that. You do the application online now and then mail your passport after it is approved.

Immigration has nothing to do with visa application at a embassy or consulate.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Ooops, sorry Joe, I meant the Royal Thai Embassy website and I printed out the application, filled it in and sent it off in the post to Canberra with all the other necessary paperwork including a money order for $300. I did this in April this year.

3 hours ago, redwhiteandblue said:

every 150 days with an extension, the up side is no financials

Edited by steve187

3 minutes ago, DDJJ said:

No financial? Can you please provide more info on this marriage visa?

You apply for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai that allows a 90 day stay at a embassy or consulate.

Then you could apply for a 60 day extension for each of the 90 day stays at immigration.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You apply for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai that allows a 90 day stay at a embassy or consulate.

Then you could apply for a 60 day extension for each of the 90 day stays at immigration.

Thank you ubonjoe for the fast reply. Just 2 more questions, can I apply for a 1 year multiple entry visa based on marriage and any suggestion or recommended country to apply?

Thanks again!

12 minutes ago, DDJJ said:

Just 2 more questions, can I apply for a 1 year multiple entry visa based on marriage and any suggestion or recommended country to apply?

The Thai consulate in Savannakhet Laos is good location to apply for the multiple entry non-o visa.  The fee is 5000 baht.

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Would the same apply to a Laos national living in Thailand, with a Thai daughter?

Edited by jaiyenyen