Good restaurants Darkside

simple1

Just now, bang saen guy said:

Welcome Inn has a liver and onions special on Thursday

Thanks - actually I should have been clearer, looking for good French/Italian restaurants

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/9/2022 at 9:20 AM, simple1 said:

Thanks - actually I should have been clearer, looking for good French/Italian restaurants

You will find that this restriction will put you on a path of pain. I am still searching for a good Italian restaurant around Pattaya and I have been to quite a few. So far no success, they always miss out on something. Best you can find is average. If you find the holy grail here in the vicinity without us having to travel to Bangkok please shout loud.

11 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Nice philly cheesestealk sandwich.

On the way I was blown away by how many nice restaurants, condo's, and bars there were.

Dark side is so different from 15 years ago!  Not so dark anymore. 

True. I have been spending a lot of time there in pubs and restaurants. Mostly only in Pattaya for shopping

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Not inexpensive and not on the Darkside, but I thought Gian's was good Italian.

Thanks. Indeed we have not been to Gian's yet. Maybe a consequence of the lack of visible parking from the main street. Parking is a big plus for us for we stay outside of the web of public transport. Do not mind a Grab ride either - but then it must definitely be worth it. From what I have heard as well from others is that Gian's must be good - how good must be determined by a visit. And as you say they seem not to be the cheapest - which is not a hindrance as long as the price - performance ratio is within limits. Need to find out which we will.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/9/2022 at 9:21 AM, Halfaboy said:

These are some of the places I visit once in a while:

6.    Sicily - (Soi Siam Country Club)  

Next one on the list we have visited. Again very good and for pizza for the first time a place which I have visited myself and which I would recommend in and around Pattaya. Wood fired oven - right size - plenty of toppings - self made chilly oil - preparation ( I did watch the pizzaiolo doing it) and a vast variety of pizzas. This will be the place which I will visit if I want to eat a pizza in the future. And they even have parkings in front. The next good Pizzeria I know is on Koh Chang.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

Next one on the list we have visited. Again very good and for pizza for the first time a place which I have visited myself and which I would recommend in and around Pattaya. Wood fired oven - right size - plenty of toppings - self made chilly oil - preparation ( I did watch the pizzaiolo doing it) and a vast variety of pizzas. This will be the place which I will visit if I want to eat a pizza in the future. And they even have parkings in front. The next good Pizzeria I know is on Koh Chang.

Happy to hear that you are not disappointed with my information.

Enjoy....

19 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

Why would anyone want to eat on the darkside when you can eat on the beach? What is the point of being in Pattaya if you are the darkside.

Yes, the beach for dinner.

Ladyboys, mozzies, sandflies and flea bitten soi dogs make great company.????????

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Yes, the beach for dinner.

Ladyboys, mozzies, sandflies and flea bitten soi dogs make great company.????????

With the exception of sandflies, can find those other things just about anywhere.

1 hour ago, Keep Right said:

Why would anyone want to eat on the darkside when you can eat on the beach? What is the point of being in Pattaya if you are the darkside.

Travelling from the Darkside to Beach Road area can sometimes take 45 - 60 minutes, especially at weekends, so it's good to have alternative venues. Plus Beach Road area can look rather grotty with freelance prostitutes, rather sad looking elderly Western men etc etc

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

Happy to hear that you are not disappointed with my information.

Enjoy....

I really thank you for your suggestions. So far not the slightest disappointment. Quite the opposite. For the rest on your list I will do a precheck on the web, tripadvisor (at least the photos will tell you something, for the rest we know how legal issues could influence what is being published). I used to be a busy reviewer myself in the distant past - now not anymore because of said local legal restrictions.

Tripadvisor does as well give valuable feedback if you read the answers from owners who have been critized and how they react to suggestions. In these cases I let the non residents do the work for me.

One big recommendation I may give you in return if you like Japanese food and especially Sushi is the restaurant Ronin, Naklua 16/2. Best Japanese food around. Reasonable compared to what you get but that is a subjective thing of course. You may not expect prices like those of sushi chains there.

• Thanks 2