Has the world gone woke or mad

georgegeorgia

7 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Why is it that right wingers, without fail,  can't spell and/or differentiate between similar sounding words in their native language?

Maybe answer that before tackling the more complex social issues of our society.

OMG, do you honestly think that good grammar and spelling are only exhibited by those on the left??? That’s a good one ????????.  

I think I’ll nominate your comment as ‘poster child’ for how liberals like to generalize and make assumptions - these are clearly liberal traits.

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2022 at 7:52 AM, charmonman said:

It’s not just the left that has some crazy and stupid ideas. Have you heard of Marjorie Taylor Greene? Have you heard of Herschel Walker?  How about Rudy Giuliani? The Democrats have their own issues on the fringes with the things you mention but it’s the Republicans that seem to have welcomed the real crazies and morons into their warm embrace.

I kind of agree with the first part of your post, but you forgot to mention Liz Cheney and Lauren Boebert.

Still, all those names pale in comparison to these crazies: Fetterman, AOC, Pelosi, Ilhan Omar, Chuck Schumer, Maxine Waters, Adam Schiff, Rashida Tlaib, Gavin Newsom, Eric ‘Swillwell’, Gretchen Whitmer, Kamala Harris and POTUS #46 - just to name few.

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, DBath said:

OMG, do you honestly think that good grammar and spelling are only exhibited by those on the left??? That’s a good one ????????.  

I think I’ll nominate your comment as ‘poster child’ for how liberals like to generalize and make assumptions - these are clearly liberal traits.

Isn't there a rule about grammar police on A N?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DBath said:

Your indulged over-generalizations and grand assumptions really don’t project much maturity. In fact they make you sound like the ‘spoilt child’ you just referred to - bitter even.

Hmmm....

Are you an old, straight, white man by any chance? ????

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Hmmm....

Are you an old, straight, white man by any chance? ????

Yeah, I'm an old straight 'white dude'... and I'm proud of it. I resent being labeled by ignorant liberal flamers like you. I have more in common with black people and other minorities than I do your kind. I grew up poor and still became a success and I know what it's like to be looked down upon and ridiculed. Why don't you try overcoming that stigma, junior. I made more of myself than most of my friends and others who grew up privileged (like you probably were). Nobody came to my defense and I never needed to make excuses for being a 'straight white man' as you call it. You're the true definition of an uneducated racist.

Edited by DBath
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2022 at 2:37 PM, Phoenix Rising said:

"He campaigned to release prisoners and give them counselling instead...."

Really? He campaigned on releasing all prisoners and give them counselling instead??

"...they all voted for him..."

No, they did not, see attachment.

"......yet they complain of crime in the community."

Links?

You know, if I wasn't such a polite person I would say you're talking rubbish.

Capture.JPG

People like you always request a link to explain things the rest of us can discover by reading various credible news sources and figuring it out for ourselves.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Strange lumping together there. You might not like Cheney and Schiff standing up about January 6 but surely you can see the logic behind it. Separate to the issue of taking steps to protect democracy, Cheney is stock standard Republican, a la father dick and not comparable to the crazy or more likely simply ignorance or cynicism that is Boebert.

The rest of your list is a mix of some that could be defined as a tad woke - though if you hear AOC speak she is clearly intelligent and has interesting things to say, as compared to the dummies and crazies and hangers on, on the far Trumpy right - and others such as Newsome, Harris, Schumer, Whitmer, Pelosi and Biden. The latter are all stock standard Democrats who may have policies you don't like, and use a bit of political correct speak about working together and helping people and letting people do their thing that you may not like,  but hardly crazy. 

Wow, that’s rich. I’m sorry, but you lost me at ‘…if you hear AOC speak she is clearly intelligent and has interesting things to say.’ Too bad few - if any - words she has to say involve actual facts. I guess half truths can be ‘interesting’, if you’re a flaming liberal leftist.

IMO, AOC is as dumb as a box of rocks. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DBath said:

Wow, that’s rich. I’m sorry, but you lost me at ‘…if you hear AOC speak she is clearly intelligent and has interesting things to say.’ Too bad few - if any - words she has to say involve actual facts. I guess half truths can be ‘interesting’, if you’re a flaming liberal leftist.

Her electorate is in New York and New Yorkers may be left leaning but they have a good BS meter so you have to talk straight. She has some ideas that are a bit lefty, and being young she may give some phrases that Fox can highlight without context and make her look bad or woke, but seriously watch a longer interview with her and, though you may not agree with her conclusions,  her ideas are thoughtful and often sensible and not crazy.  

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Strange lumping together there. You might not like Cheney and Schiff standing up about January 6 but surely you can see the logic behind it. Separate to the issue of taking steps to protect democracy, Cheney is stock standard Republican, a la father dick and not comparable to the crazy or more likely simply ignorance or cynicism that is Boebert.

The rest of your list is a mix of some that could be defined as a tad woke - though if you hear AOC speak she is clearly intelligent and has interesting things to say, as compared to the dummies and crazies and hangers on, on the far Trumpy right - and others such as Newsome, Harris, Schumer, Whitmer, Pelosi and Biden. The latter are all stock standard Democrats who may have policies you don't like, and use a bit of political correct speak about working together and helping people and letting people do their thing that you may not like,  but hardly crazy. 

Yes, the logic is clear, scare people into thinking a conspiracy theory is real so they vote establishment.

Cheney, IMO horrible daughter of a vile VP, hates Trump because he was a threat to the trough feeders in Washington.

Schiff, IMO bad caricature of everything that is wrong with Washington.

AOC- young people always make the mistake of thinking they know stuff when they know very little, but too young to know that.

others such as Newsome, Harris, Schumer, Whitmer, Pelosi and Biden. "The latter are all stock standard Democrats" and as such will be consigned to the dustbin of history along with Cheney, Nixon, Gore, both Bush's, Nixon, Kissinger, Ford and Regan, and many others.

Trump on the other hand, like him or loath him, will be known about for a very long time. Whatever history will judge him as, history will remember him.

41 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Her electorate is in New York and New Yorkers may be left leaning but they have a good BS meter so you have to talk straight. She has some ideas that are a bit lefty, and being young she may give some phrases that Fox can highlight without context and make her look bad or woke, but seriously watch a longer interview with her and, though you may not agree with her conclusions,  her ideas are thoughtful and often sensible and not crazy.  

I knew many young people that were thoughtful, often sensible and not crazy, which is why they didn't go into politics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DBath said:

That's not how I'd describe her on here, but it would be too insulting to post what I really think about her.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I’m not sure which I detest more, people who were stupid enough to vote for her or those who would try to justify her as intelligent by blowing smoke up everyone’s ass, like you’re trying to do. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DBath said:

Still, all those names pale in comparison to these crazies: Fetterman, AOC, Pelosi, Ilhan Omar, Chuck Schumer, Maxine Waters, Adam Schiff, Rashida Tlaib, Gavin Newsom, Eric ‘Swillwell’, Gretchen Whitmer, Kamala Harris and POTUS #46 - just to name few.

I like anyone who opposes the lying, BSing one term loser, Trump! May he never insult the intelligence of Democrats again!

23 minutes ago, 2baht said:

I like anyone who opposes the lying, BSing one term loser, Trump! May he never insult the intelligence of Democrats again!

It’s delusional for you to imply that Republicans/conservatives have cornered the market when it comes to BSing. As far as ‘insulting the intelligence of Democrats’, well that’s impossible, because they don’t have any. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DBath said:

It’s delusional for you to imply that Republicans/conservatives have cornered the market when it comes to BSing. As far as ‘insulting the intelligence of Democrats’, well that’s impossible, because they don’t have any. 

Yeah. Voting for Biden pretty much proves that point.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, DBath said:

A vote for Trump is a vote for BS! ???? Thankfully his candidates failed miserably in the mid terms! The red wave turned out to be a red wimper!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DBath said:

I’m not sure which I detest more, people who were stupid enough to vote for her or those who would try to justify her as intelligent by blowing smoke up everyone’s ass, like you’re trying to do. 

Boy that got nasty fast. Not sure how suggesting that if you haven't heard her words in some detail on a range of topics outside of a right wing mouthpiece, it might be worthwhile doing so, is insincere on my part. 

That is if I understand that turn of phrase. Had to google it. I find when people get rude they have run out of ideas.

I have not said she is perfect or that I concur with all her ideas e.g. immigration. But to compare her intelligence to Boebert and the like indicates to me you haven't heard much from her directly. I like the fact that she speaks sincerely and with a bit of passion even if it gets her in trouble with the right - people do learn too. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Boy that got nasty fast. Not sure how suggesting that if you haven't heard her words in some detail on a range of topics outside of a right wing mouthpiece, it might be worthwhile doing so, is insincere on my part. 

That is if I understand that turn of phrase. Had to google it. I find when people get rude they have run out of ideas.

I have not said she is perfect or that I concur with all her ideas e.g. immigration. But to compare her intelligence to Boebert and the like indicates to me you haven't heard much from her directly. I like the fact that she speaks sincerely and with a bit of passion even if it gets her in trouble with the right - people do learn too. 

I’ve listened to her enough to know she’s full of ‘it’. To be honest, I can’t stand her lies and her exaggerated and made up ‘facts’ - she literally makes me sick. I always immediately switch her off so I won’t have to waste my time listening to her BS or even watch one of her many televised gaffes. 

Politics is local. If Bobart or Omar won their district, that's about that district, not any broad partisan statement. It's not even a statement about the broader place due to gerrymandering. It's down to how successful those specific people were at raising money and piling up the votes.

My congress rep back home is a faith healer, actually believes in the laying on of hands to cure cancer.  The vast majority of those Trump hillbillies I left behind talk a good Jesus lip service game, but do not really think that prayer can improve erectile dysfunction.

But they like someone who does. Or just says they do. To protect very abstract freedom or the ol' ways. It's all very layered.  

I'm always amazed at how people so far away know the names and voting records of first term congress reps.

One of my all time favorite posters here sits in New Zealand charting the movements of committee members when I could not even name the Prime Minister of New Zealand. I think it WAS a hot looking red headed woman, but they've moved on, am I right? Wake me up when you elect another looker.

New Zealand would have to implode into the sea to make the front page of CNN. For Fox News, it would require an outer space alien invasion. Without so much as an Olivia Newton John to call its own, it is but mere cypher to us, perhaps dimly recalled as a setting for hobbit movies.

Meanwhile the America obsession remains undiminished across the globe and across my lifetime - it's like America is Beyonce and the rest of the world is the Beyonce fan club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DBath said:

I’ve listened to her enough to know she’s full of ‘it’. To be honest, I can’t stand her lies and her exaggerated and made up ‘facts’ - she literally makes me sick. I always immediately switch her off so I won’t have to waste my time listening to her BS or even watch one of her many televised gaffes. 

So in other words you have a crush on her......:coffee1: