Has the world gone woke or mad

georgegeorgia

9 hours ago, DBath said:

Yeah, I'm an old straight 'white dude'... and I'm proud of it. I resent being labeled by ignorant liberal flamers like you. I have more in common with black people and other minorities than I do your kind. I grew up poor and still became a success and I know what it's like to be looked down upon and ridiculed. Why don't you try overcoming that stigma, junior. I made more of myself than most of my friends and others who grew up privileged (like you probably were). Nobody came to my defense and I never needed to make excuses for being a 'straight white man' as you call it. You're the true definition of an uneducated racist.

Why are your proud of being an old sour bully?  Lol.  You know nothing about me to say I am privileged or racist.  

You as a white male from a developed country are the one with all the cards stacked in your favour.

Your rant, calling me all sorts of things, and knowing nothing of my life, says a lot about how angry and insecure you are. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, DBath said:

Yeah, I'm an old straight 'white dude'... and I'm proud of it. I resent being labeled by ignorant liberal flamers like you. I have more in common with black people and other minorities than I do your kind. I grew up poor and still became a success and I know what it's like to be looked down upon and ridiculed. Why don't you try overcoming that stigma, junior. I made more of myself than most of my friends and others who grew up privileged (like you probably were). Nobody came to my defense and I never needed to make excuses for being a 'straight white man' as you call it. You're the true definition of an uneducated racist.

Why is it that so many people who claim to be successful self-made men are so full of anger and resentment?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Being "proud" of yourself is reserved for permanently aggrieved, self-pity-ers cosplaying as underdogs.

Poor whites from Appalachia are "proud" of themselves, rich Manhattanites make no such claims. Being "proud" of yourself is life's lamest consolation prize.

And if you are indeed, "old" why are you still wailing about half a century ago slights? Amazon has a poster for you to buy and put up on your wall:

Buddha says: Let That ____ Go.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gagging to hear how much he has in common with his black brothers. Would love to hear a second opinion from said black brothers.

American Black people have their specific thing. White people can't join it or claim kinship with it. Period.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

Why is it that so many people who claim to be successful self-made men are so full of anger and resentment?

I'm neither full of anger or resentment. I made a comment about resenting someone placing a label on me unjustly. IMO, it's a pretty big leap to say, "many people who are successful self-made men are full of anger and resentment". Perhaps you could give their names, so I could have a point of reference?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I already pointed that out on a different thread. So, it'd be really, really great if posters didn't keep ranting about him.

It's all they have, since there's literally nothing to brag about regarding #46 and his clown show.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Why are your proud of being an old sour bully?  Lol.  You know nothing about me to say I am privileged or racist.  

You as a white male from a developed country are the one with all the cards stacked in your favour.

Your rant, calling me all sorts of things, and knowing nothing of my life, says a lot about how angry and insecure you are. 

You started it, pal. 

Edited by DBath

9 hours ago, LaosLover said:

Being "proud" of yourself is life's lamest consolation prize.

There's nothing wrong with being proud of one's accomplishments in life. I make no apologies and I'll bet you're quite the expert when it comes to participation trophies and consolation prizes. ????

Edited by DBath
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Wiki it. Participation trophies have been shown to be a good thing in helping kids develop.

Not that I would know. I pretended to be gay to get out of gym glass. Decades before transgender rights.

In your case, I doubt you needed to pretend, all you had to do was act naturally. ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You live in cheapskate paradise, probably with a better looking woman than you could ever dream of back home.

Why so glum, Chum? Why are you still fighting imaginary conflicts and pretending to be black?

Or black-ish. Norman Mailer said he was a white negro. Are you?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, LaosLover said:

Being "proud" of yourself is reserved for permanently aggrieved, self-pity-ers cosplaying as underdogs.

Poor whites from Appalachia are "proud" of themselves, rich Manhattanites make no such claims. Being "proud" of yourself is life's lamest consolation prize.

And if you are indeed, "old" why are you still wailing about half a century ago slights? Amazon has a poster for you to buy and put up on your wall:

Buddha says: Let That ____ Go.

Perhaps rich Manhattanites feel ashamed that they live a privileged life when there are so many poor people that live <deleted> lives in the streets below them.

Despite the attempts of the woke to make all white men feel guilty for being born white, not only do I not feel guilty, but I scorn them, and the white people that do feel guilty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Has anyone in your real life ever tried to make you feel bad for being white? Me? No. This sounds like more complaining about an abstract and far away "media". Just don't listen. You're white, it's OK.

I can assure you that rich Manhattanites are untroubled by guilt or self-esteem issues. New Yorkers just assume on a subconscious level that they are superior to everybody else, just by dint of their zip code.

Being "proud" of where you come from is the conceit of places where they name their sons Jethro.

8 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Has anyone in your real life ever tried to make you feel bad for being white? Me? No. This sounds like more complaining about an abstract and far away "media". Just don't listen. You're white, it's OK.

More about being a white male, than just being white.

• Like 1

As a screwup who didn't make a dime before age 35, it was my simple middle class whiteness that let me keep getting second chances. Blacks get much less forgiveness.

And I also credit my Brit mom for painting a veneer of middle classness on me. It sounds like the Man Who Would Be Jethro was less lucky.

On 11/9/2022 at 2:37 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Not sure if the World is going "woke" or mad ????

Neither.

"Woke" is a lazy, perjorative word/idea/concept, which self-identified aggrieved people use to whine.

The world is changing, progessing.

Personaly I'm optimistic.

I think for the AseanNow demographic: old, white, western, straight, male, it is too much for them to handle.

You self-select media for consumption, or it gets served to you based on yuour preferences.

Maybe take a break from the internet, or look for more positive happenings.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, LaosLover said:

You live in cheapskate paradise, probably with a better looking woman than you could ever dream of back home.

Why so glum, Chum? Why are you still fighting imaginary conflicts and pretending to be black?

Or black-ish. Norman Mailer said he was a white negro. Are you?

How sweet, another assuming liberal under-achiever who hasn’t figured out how to use the ‘Quote’ link at the bottom of a post.  As it clearly shows in my profile header info, I don’t live in Thailand I live in Spain, which is a wonderful place - probably too good for the likes of you, so please stay where you are.

7 hours ago, LaosLover said:

As a screwup who didn't make a dime before age 35, it was my simple middle class whiteness that let me keep getting second chances. Blacks get much less forgiveness.

And I also credit my Brit mom for painting a veneer of middle classness on me. It sounds like the Man Who Would Be Jethro was less lucky.

Does it make you feel stoic and proud to brag about being such an under-achiever? And you criticized me earlier for being proud if my accomplishments and coming out of poverty. You’re a real piece of work aren’t you, Cheap Charlie??

36 minutes ago, DBath said:

I don’t live in Thailand I live in Spain, which is a wonderful place - probably too good for the likes of you, so please stay where you are.

30 minutes ago, DBath said:

You’re a real piece of work aren’t you, Cheap Charlie??

No Spain Now forum ?

Or better to come on here and insult people ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, seedy said:

No Spain Now forum ?

Or better to come on here and insult people ?

It’s no different than many Brits I know on here who reside in the UK. Besides, I still have friends here I keep in contact with - and thankfully, you’re not one of them. 

2 hours ago, LaosLover said:

I aint never been to Spain

But I kinda like the music

I wouldn’t bother coming here if I were you. The people here are nice, friendly and they have good manners (translation: not a good fit for you). 

27 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Don't you kinda like the music?

Of course I love the music, but I love all kinds of music. Have you ever heard that song by The Alan Parsons Project? It’s the one titled: “I Wouldn’t Want to be Like You”. You can Google the lyrics, then sit back and imagine it’s exactly what I would say to you - verbatim.