Opening hours for bars, malls, and many other venues could be shrunk to save electricity

snoop1130

Didn't we go through this a few years ago ….. I remember petrol stations closing at night.

if we switched off all of Thailands Street lights …. that would save bunch of money …. ummm … there is a flaw in there somewhere … I just cannot see it.

• Haha 1

All those tourists that are coming for Christmas will just love reading this.

TAT: Come to Thailand. Have a great time.

Energy Ministry: In bed by 9pm please. We are closing the bars and shops. ????

Don't forget to turn off the Christmas lights!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cowellandrew said:

Wasn't Thailand supporting Putin wheres the gas vlad!

☻☻

I think they were staying on the fence to avoid any financial consequences. Now might be a good time to rethink that. If the war could be stopped that would help.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Thai Energy Ministry is eyeing to forcefully mandate an electricity-saving campaign for households and businesses such as shopping malls, gas stations, or nightlife venues, to battle the rising prices of liquefied natural gas (LNG) used in national power generation.

Wait for the TAT backlash tomorrow.. bars must open 24/7 to make any profit.

2 hours ago, mran66 said:

Early closing no need, can just drink warm beer and grope your companion in the dark of night. Higher risk for surprise in the room later though...

No lights would have saved my neighbor from getting dragged out of the bar by his ear (by his wife) once.

He was groping. 

Edited by jaywalker
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

No lights would have saved my neighbor from getting dragged out of the bar by his ear (by his wife) once.

He was groping. 

... Different type of surprise when lights on then...

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Hans Johnson said:

Maybe reduce all the lighting and air conditioning in all the 711’s running 24/7. 

and the malls, movie theaters, office buildings. I read a study maybe 15 yrs ago about the huge energy savings Bangkok could have if air con was set on "comfort" rather than "walk in freezer" levels at malls and such. Something very off when a person needs to take a blanket if going to see a film. I can only take maybe 20 min of a mall before hypothermia sets in

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

All those tourists that are coming for Christmas will just love reading this.

TAT: Come to Thailand. Have a great time.

Energy Ministry: In bed by 9pm please. We are closing the bars and shops. ????

Don't forget to turn off the Christmas lights!!

..... Hopefully they'll be enough electricity to run your air-conditioning at your overpriced resort. 

Edited by MrJ2U

36 minutes ago, kimamey said:

I think they were staying on the fence to avoid any financial consequences. Now might be a good time to rethink that. If the war could be stopped that would help.

Even if the war stopped tomorrow there would still be an energy issue.  The world is growing and people need hydro waterways are no longer the answer. But then again neither is green energy 

15 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Does Thailand need to become any more dim.

It is imperative that it becomes sufficiently dim to match those running the show.

Besides, I am sure they are itching to start issuing orders again - how they must be missing those heady days of the bestest tightest uniforms, vinyl backdrops, massive flower arrangements, solemn countenances and directives issued in measured tones, telling everyone what they have to do...

• Haha 1

Who's the Dreamer in there that came up with that stupid Idea? 

What are they going to shut down when there are a couple Million E Vehicles on the road and need charging ? Turn off all the streetlights and traffic lights? 

No wonder this country is in a Mess.

What a load of bol...... ocks!

As long as I can see staff standing/running around in air conditioned offices, shopping centres or predominantly government office buildings wearing Himalayan-proof winter gear ........... 

As long as I see supermarkets and shopping centres without air curtains on building exits .....

Many municipalities running street lights during the day (not on a survey/repair trip but for months) and nothing is undertaken despite calling them twice a week ......... 

Every 2-star hotel featuring a (sometimes huge, family size) fridge in the room for the pleasure of two glass bottles of drinking water ..........

Education, education, education ......... would be the answer and not the bar lights! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emdog said:

and the malls, movie theaters, office buildings. I read a study maybe 15 yrs ago about the huge energy savings Bangkok could have if air con was set on "comfort" rather than "walk in freezer" levels at malls and such. Something very off when a person needs to take a blanket if going to see a film. I can only take maybe 20 min of a mall before hypothermia sets in

Yes. I always take a sweatshirt if I go to the cinema here.

• Like 1