do virtual credit cards exist in Thailand? or setting a daily/monthly limit per card instead of limit per account

10 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Sucks to be you I guess.  I didn't have that problem.

you are posting in

> Thailand > Business in Thailand, Jobs in Thailand, Insurance

forum, not "Australia > Business in Australia" or New Zealand or Malaysia or whichever else country you reside in.

4 minutes ago, fdsa said:

you are posting in

> Thailand > Business in Thailand, Jobs in Thailand, Insurance

forum, not "Australia > Business in Australia" or New Zealand or Malaysia or whichever else country you reside in.

You can try spin it however you want, still sucks to be you.

Edited by shdmn

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 2:43 PM, shdmn said:

Where do you get 1% from?  There are small flat rate transaction fees yes, but they are very transparent about those.

Bangkok Bank charge 1% to go from Foreign Currency Account (GBP) to my UK bank, plus a fee, and a lousy exchange rate.

Revolut has disposable cards, these are automatically made invalid after use. So great for online shopping, but cannot be used for subscriptions. Also, getting THB into your Revolut account will cost you 1% in exchange fees.

Krungthai allows you to create a “Krungthai FUN Card” which is a free virtual debit card that can be created via their app. So ideal for subscriptions or services (e.g. Grab). This also allow a daily spending limit (specific to this card).

Contrary to a previous post, Kasikorn does not seem to allow you to create virtual debit cards. I only have an option to apply for a physical debit card, which will take 7 days to deliver, and is reserved for Thai citizens.

And then there is Wise, which also allows you to create virtual cards, but if you are in Thailand, you might not be able to sign up, same with Revolut.

Edited by lkn
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, lkn said:

Revolut has disposable cards, these are automatically made invalid after use. So great for online shopping, but cannot be used for subscriptions. Also, getting THB into your Revolut account will cost you 1% in exchange fees.

Krungthai allows you to create a “Krungthai FUN Card” which is a free virtual debit card that can be created via their app. So ideal for subscriptions or services (e.g. Grab). This also allow a daily spending limit (specific to this card).

Contrary to a previous post, Kasikorn does not seem to allow you to create virtual debit cards. I only have an option to apply for a physical debit card, which will take 7 days to deliver, and is reserved for Thai citizens.

And then there is Wise, which also allows you to create virtual cards, but if you are in Thailand, you might not be able to sign up, same with Revolut.

Many thanks, much information, most helpful.