Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It might not have helped you, but I, any many people I know, did rather well working in ‘the rest of the world’ (including Thailand) for a British company during the period the UK was a member of the EU.

Working abroad out of the EU was where I did well. 

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Would you like me to do a websearch for you after entering "UK trade deals" into a google search box ?

Just give this post a "like" and I shall do a websearch for you and post the results 

you can find my previous 3 posts, some covering  @Kwasaki posts, all potential and real deals are there  555

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

and to refresh your memory from the link  posted by  @Chomper Higgot which I am re-posting below

“Brexit has, and will continue to be, an unmitigated disaster for households and businesses across these islands, reducing Scottish exports by a staggering £2.2bn in the last year alone.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/dec/12/watchdog-reprimands-tories-over-800bn-post-brexit-trade-deals-claim

So what's going to be done about it how is it going to be dealt with. 

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nothing is going to be done until the Government admits the damage from Brexit, or the Government is replaced by one that admits the damage from Brexit.

OK brexit has been the damage nothing else. 

Covid and Ukraine is not a problem. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well yes, that’s because inflation is calculated over a 12 month period.

By mid 2023 the recession will have been reducing demand by over 7 months while price rises from Spring 2022 will be removed from the calculation.

The base increase in prices will however remain.

Do you have any predictions for rent/mortgage arrears, evictions and repossessions?

I know how much I will be paying. 

As for UK i have no idea.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

COVID and the war in Ukraine have been a problem, but :

A. They were not self inflicted.

B. Their impact is diminishing by the day.

Not so Brexit.

But it's untrue that Brexit has affected everybody.

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Brexit has effected everyone in the UK, some very badly, a few hedge fund managers who provided the financial backing for the Leave Campaign have made fortunes, by placing bets against the UK.

Yeah sorry about that I couldn't help myself. 

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

and to refresh your memory from the link  posted by  @Chomper Higgot which I am re-posting below

“Brexit has, and will continue to be, an unmitigated disaster for households and businesses across these islands, reducing Scottish exports by a staggering £2.2bn in the last year alone.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/dec/12/watchdog-reprimands-tories-over-800bn-post-brexit-trade-deals-claim

As a personal rule, I don't open Guardian links

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

Like, I am here in England and quite content  with the current situation in the U.K and I am quite happily living post Brexit in the U.K and there's a French guy online living in Thailand trying to convince that the UK should re-join his France in the E.U.

• Thumbs Up 1