Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

But they:re not. Instead, they view asylum seekers as a threat. Which tells us something about their motivations.

Illegal immigrants are being sent straight back home 

"Home Office confirms 42 migrants returned to Albania

More than 40 Albanian migrants who tried to enter Britain across the English Channel have arrived back in their home country after being deported from the UK."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/home-office-albania-migrants-returned-b2250189.html

2 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

The UK has ALWAYS had the ability to do this. They had it before Brexit, during Brexit and after Brexit. This is because it's regarding ILLEGAL immigration.

They fact they haven't done this before is more about incompetence and beurocracy than any new ability gained because of Brexit.  

On top of it, Albania is not even yet a member of the EU.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

Record numbers of Albanians claiming to be victims of slavery ‘to avoid deportation’

Figures come days after it emerged that Albanians accounted for nearly four in 10 migrants crossing the Channel over six-week period

“They know they cannot claim asylum, but they are using this ploy that they have been trafficked. It is another barrier to removal which means they cannot be instantly sent back to Albania.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/08/11/record-numbers-albanians-claiming-victims-slavery-avoid-deportation/

"I didn't seek asylum. I told them I was an economic migrant," said Artan. "They gave us plastic bags with our belongings; I was told tomorrow morning you will arrive in Tirana."

One of the reasons Artan was deported was that he was honest about his reasons for travelling to the UK. He did not try to claim asylum, he insisted he was there to work.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63673925

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It a Joke sending back 40, what they should do is use the empty factories and put them to work doing something, slave labour who cares,  NHS workers are slave labour. 

Edited by Kwasaki

12 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Didn't have you down as unintelligent.

Well "A" working and paying tax and N.I. will help "B " get NHS more than being an extra burden, don't try to be clever all the time it don't wash with me in the slightest.

"A'" is costing some 7,000,000 pounds a day doing nowt.

Firstly it's not 7 million per day, it's closer to 3.5M (1.3 billion GBP per year) but as has been pointed out to you many, many times before (on this thread in particular), this is mostly to do with the huge backlog asylum seekers are facing, meaning applications are taking far longer to process than before. And because the UK government doesn't generally allow asylum seekers to work, they have to have their accommodation and basic living costs met. 

The system needs a complete overhaul, with applications being handled much quicker than they are now. And yes, it would make sense to have people work whilst their application is going through but people who have claimed asylum in the UK CAN apply for permission to work if they have been waiting 12 months for a decision, and they are not considered responsible for the delay.   https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn01908/

If permission is granted, the person will be allowed to take up jobs on the shortage occupation list only but that would certainly help the NHS and other vital services.

Again though, this is all down to a Tory government who has been in power for 12 years and who STILL can't sort this mess out. If you want to moan about the cost, numers and general incompetance, moan about the Tories.

Edited by johnnybangkok
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Firstly it's not 7 million per day, it's closer to 3.5M (1.3 billion GBP per year) but as has been pointed out to you many, many times before (on this thread in particular), this is mostly to do with the huge backlog asylum seekers are facing, meaning applications are taking far longer to process than before. And because the UK government doesn't generally allow asylum seekers to work, they have to have their accommodation and basic living costs met. 

The system needs a complete overhaul, with applications being handled much quicker than they are now. And yes, it would make sense to have people work whilst their application is going through but people who have claimed asylum in the UK CAN apply for permission to work if they have been waiting 12 months for a decision, and they are not considered responsible for the delay.   https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn01908/

If permission is granted, the person will be allowed to take up jobs on the shortage occupation list only but that would certainly help the NHS and other vital services.

Again though, this is all down to a Tory government who has been in power for 12 years and who STILL can't sort this mess out. If you want to moan about the cost, numers and general incompetance, moan about the Tories.

Agree with your post. 

Heard on LBC the amount but whatever cost it's a waste and money that NHS should have.

NHS management overhaul.

Since brexit and ongoing negotiations still then along comes covid etc I don't think it matters who was in govt, the whole way things are managed in the UK needs changing to fast track. 

On 11/12/2022 at 1:18 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. I know a western country where the government is actively trying to destroy the primary industry sector before they ( hopefully ) get booted next election.

Sounds like Holland to me...

• Like 1