Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

10 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Fair enough , peoples opinion has now changed and they realise that Brexit and Ukraine are the main reasons for UK's problems and I failed to keep up with that manoeuvre .

Now that the wholesale gas price has  gone back to pre Ukraine war prices , hopefully the UK can get inflation back under control

Think again 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/jan/04/record-133-uk-food-inflation-raises-fears-of-another-difficult-year?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

• Like 2

2 hours ago, puchooay said:

Thanks for your acknowledgement of the rules. Finally.

I'd acknowledged them all along. But thanks for your appreciation.

2 hours ago, puchooay said:

You now agree that UK would have had to bend the rules in order to have given the deal to a UK bidder.

Thank you.

Ah, such blissful innocence!

(see my reply to Mac).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, puchooay said:

Thanks for your acknowledgement of the rules. Finally.

You now agree that UK would have had to bend the rules in order to have given the deal to a UK bidder.

Thank you.

Given that the govt of the UK has actually proposed breaking the rules, what's the big deal about bending them?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Given that the govt of the UK has actually proposed breaking the rules, what's the big deal about bending them?

Two different sections of the Government dealing with two different issues in two different situations , where in one instance the breaking/changing  of some rules would be necessary and in another situation where breaking the rules wouldnt be necessary 

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But the UK didn’t have to leave the EU to issue ‘Blue Passports’.

Arguably the only tangible BREXIT benefit was not actually a BREXIT benefit.

Did you ever like those old games, like spot the difference? 

New British Passport - Why Is It Blue? U.K.ABROAD

• Like 1

5 hours ago, placeholder said:

Because "necessary" isn't the key word to justify the distinction? Your objection is utterly irrelevant.

It may be necessary to break either the GFA rules or the E.U Brexit rules as they might conflict with each other .

It wouldn't be necessary to break any rules about passport printing and if the UK had to break some rules , that dosent mean it can disregard ALL rules .

There will also be consequences if any rules are broken at all 

5 hours ago, placeholder said:

Because "necessary" isn't the key word to justify the distinction? Your objection is utterly irrelevant.

???????? You shouldn't have said that! Did you learn nothing from my exchange with Mac?

I've done my stint. I'm afraid that you're on your own - unless some other reckless soul is brave enough to help you out.

27 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It may be necessary to break either the GFA rules or the E.U Brexit rules as they might conflict with each other .

It wouldn't be necessary to break any rules about passport printing and if the UK had to break some rules , that dosent mean it can disregard ALL rules .

There will also be consequences if any rules are broken at all 

Before messing with the Good Friday Agreement, the UK will await instruction from Washington as to what is permissible.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The image on the right has had it’s colour manipulated.

The document on the right has had it’s correct colour restored.

The document on the left had been defaced and vandalized.

• Haha 1

On 1/1/2023 at 4:09 PM, superal said:

An Irish Unification is on the cards and will solve the protocol problem to the satisfaction of all parties . 

It might solve the protocol, but hardly to the "satisfaction of all parties". 

Expect the troubles but in reverse if it happens against their will.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Two different sections of the Government dealing with two different issues in two different situations , where in one instance the breaking/changing  of some rules would be necessary and in another situation where breaking the rules wouldnt be necessary 

They could re-negotiate like they are going to do with Unions and strikers in UK. ????

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It might solve the protocol, but hardly to the "satisfaction of all parties". 

Expect the troubles but in reverse if it happens against their will.

They can offer those opposed to settle in UK.

I wonder if the vote had been to remain this topic would have seen 100 pages of defeatist bitterness from the leavers. Always found people that accept change to be more stoic and come through as winners in the end.

No pain no gain.

PS I run a business in the UK, I ignore the reporting of the economy by the media and get on with my life. Try it you’ll suffer less stress, sleeplessness and fatigue.

• Like 2