Becoming Legal Guardian of child's house.

At the purchase of a house for one's Thai born half-Thai child, what is the procedure to be listed as the property's Legal Guardian?

Is there a Thai term for this?

As a Thai minor, the property needs to have an adult as the legal guardian for the property until the child is a legal adult. 

How, as a foreigner, to be listed as this legal guardian at the point of transfer at the land office?

TIA. 

Be very interested in this myself. As far as I know if you purchase a house in your child's name it can not be sold by anyone until the child is 19yo? You are also unable to place a Usefruct / lease on a minors property. My GF left not long after my son was born and I raised him myself since then. He is now 6yo. I have had 100% care of him since then with only very infrequent visits from her for a few super mum selfies. I would like to buy is a house in his name though I fear if she got wind she would want to become his new best friend. I am the legal father by paternity already registered with the courts but I have never applied for full custody though it should only be a formality. I know she can't sell the house but I guess there is a chance she could return and want to live in the house with him. I wonder who holds the land title on a sale to a minor like this? Even if the property cant be sold it could I imagine be borrowed against with loan sharks. My current GF Aunty took my GF land deeds and borrowed money against the land, and the loan agent was well aware it was not her property...even encouraged her to forge my GF signature. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You need the agreement of both parents at the land office at the time of the transfer. 

Cool, thanks. 

Do you know if there is a Thai term for it?

Is it listed on the actual chanote (title deeds), or where is it listed?

Thanks.  

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You need the agreement of both parents at the land office at the time of the transfer. 

When we went to get the yellow tabien baan on a previous property I owned, the blue book was empty and they they said they needed a Thai listed on that, and listed as a house master.

The legal guardian for the property owned by the minor, I believe needs to be listed as the 'manager' or 'master' of the property on the chanote.

Is that correct?

If the officer at the land office says it cannot be done and only a Thai can be listed as property guardian/master/manager, is there any Thai legal code that shows what can and cannot be done, that you know of?