Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Serious COVID-19 infection cases on the rise in Bangkok and tourist provinces

webfact

16 hours ago, Rockhound said:

Have a look at this graph before they delete it.

They still haven’t deleted it, 16 hours after your post. How much time do you think we have to allow before we can start to celebrate sneaking it past “them” ?

By the way, who exactly are “they/them”?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cambodger said:

Graph- All cause mortality above baseline.

Something is killing people around the world and it's not covid19.

You would expect ACM to be down after such a deadly pandemic that has removed all the dry tinder of old and unhealthy people with underlying health issues. Especially now you've all had the wonder vaccines and worn your masks.

What do you think could be the cause of such a SPIKE?

My mind is truly boggling right now...

ACM.PNG

Who knows but I will be getting double boosters to make sure I dont die!!

Anyone else getting super boosted to make sure they live longer?

Wouldn't want to not get more boosters and end up on that graph,

18 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

I know a number of people in the past few weeks both here and back home who have been really quite sick, they’re not hysterical. So perhaps you should just ge grateful you got off lightly THIS TIME.

Maybe they should have gone and got boosted, according to Mr J2U it stops you from getting it again.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

Equally pertinent is that governments round the world seem to have no interest in investigating these matters. It seems that they either don't care, or are scared of what they might find.

In the UK (with a similar population to Thailand) over 30,000 extra citizens have simply dropped dead since April this year - that is, the excess deaths are mainly occurring outside hospital (rather than sick people gradually passing away in hospital). Only a small proportion of these are Covid deaths.

In the Canadian province of Alberta in 2021, the leading cause of death was "ill-defined and unknown causes", not great diagnostics for a developed nation's healthcare system.

This may be happening in Thailand, too, but I shouldn't think they even have the figures to hand, let alone any reason why it's happening.

Yes the dying at home is a big issue with these more recent deaths compared to the early pandemic deaths which were mostly in hospitals and care homes.

Also when you know how atomised and living alone the populations are in modern societies. There could be many thousands more just dead in their homes.

It can take months even years for these bodies to be found.

Even if they don't turn into work and don't answer their phones the company will just think they have quit and are ghosting the calls and advertise a vacancy for their job.

The government is definitely trying to sweep this under the rug and act as if they beat it and everything is going back to normal. Though i wouldn't expect anything less from them tbh, like you say it's in their interest not to uncover the cause of this.

Also most of the public don't want to discus it either or look at the receipts. You just get stonewalled or they lash out with insults of "conspiracy theory, tinfoil hat, stop being negative, move on"

It's extremely childish as the numbers are horrific. In the UK it's on a par with a mid sized aeroplane crashing everyday.

I've had 2 old school friends die in the last month (mid 40's), which i heard about on Facebook but no one talks about cause of death. I've not asked as i know there would be a backlash "Show some respect!"

Very different from a year ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mansell said:

When I got probably a variant what the hospital gave me didn’t help at all. I went to a pharmacy and told the lady to give me the strongest antibiotic you have. It was to be taken over three days, and by the second day I started feeling fine, and by the third day it was gone.

What kind of halfwit suggests that antibiotics cure viral infections

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, n00dle said:

What kind of halfwit suggests that antibiotics cure viral infections

Let's be generous and assume that the virus had caused a secondary bacterial lung infection which the antibiotics were able to deal with. This is known to be a complication of both flu and Covid.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

Let's be generous and assume that the virus had caused a secondary bacterial lung infection which the antibiotics were able to deal with. This is known to be a complication of both flu and Covid.

That in fact did happen to me, but I would never suggest that the antibiotics cured covid

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Cant hide

Nobody is hiding and if you are actually in Thailand you'll see everything is thriving.

Schools, malls, outdoor markets are packed.  People are out and about as normal. 

Whether you follow the advice of medical professionals or not is up to you.  Boosters are recommended to help prevent serious illness and hospitalizations. 

• "Getting a COVID-19 vaccine after you recover from COVID-19 infection provides added protection against COVID-19."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

bacterial lung infection

Definitely happenes occasionally and doctors will provide antibiotics for that secondary infection.  Especially for yonger children. 

Edited by MrJ2U

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Ha, another one who thinks the vaccine stops people from catching it, you should keep up with the news.

Besides, double vaxxed the first time round, at the peak of protection and still got it.

Cant hide behind the sofa for ever.....

You keep throwing that out thinking those of us who discuss this are scared and hiding. You know you are predictable at least and very far off of the mark.

I find it hard to take the CDC seriously as a reality-based scientific enterprise, as its Covid protection advice now refers to  "pregnant and recently pregnant people", seemingly unable to use the word "woman".

They were certainly over-confident in the ability of the vaccines to prevent infection and transmission of Covid, and it is a toss-up at this point whether they are serving the cause of scientific truth, or the government narrative.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You keep throwing that out thinking those of us who discuss this are scared and hiding. You know you are predictable at least and very far off of the mark.

Its boring Ryan (very predictable for you)  the world has moved on

36 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Nobody is hiding and if you are actually in Thailand you'll see everything is thriving.

Schools, malls, outdoor markets are packed.  People are out and about as normal. 

Whether you follow the advice of medical professionals or not is up to you.  Boosters are recommended to help prevent serious illness and hospitalizations. 

• "Getting a COVID-19 vaccine after you recover from COVID-19 infection provides added protection against COVID-19."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html

Do the medical professionals say its stops infection or did you just make that little gem up on your own?

48 minutes ago, sungod said:

Do the medical professionals say its stops infection or did you just make that little gem up on your own?

The vaccine argument is so old.

I mentioned it helps prevent serious infections and hospitalizations. 

Your argument is with CDC and medical community if you think boosters aren't recommended, not me. 

Whether you do or don't get a booster is of no concern to me.

Be smart to if you intend on coming over to Thailand as they won't have many left as there aren't plans to order them here.

Enjoy your week. 

59 minutes ago, sungod said:

Its boring Ryan (very predictable for you)  the world has moved on

Sure they have moved on but Covid will he around for a long time and so will boosters. Sure it's boring but to negate it and ignore it is like ignoring the scorpion about to strike you, or the elephant trampling you. There is always the possibility so why not take the proper precautions.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sungod said:

Just had it again, much more mild the 2nd time around,main thing was sore throat and cough for 2 days.  Double vaccinated with AZ over a year ago and no booster.

Stop the hysteria!

Got it again too, started with a sore throat and a bit of a headache. Tested positive today, still working, 2x AZ + 2x Pfizer. 

4 hours ago, Cambodger said:

Graph- All cause mortality above baseline.

Something is killing people around the world and it's not covid19.

You would expect ACM to be down after such a deadly pandemic that has removed all the dry tinder of old and unhealthy people with underlying health issues. Especially now you've all had the wonder vaccines and worn your masks.

What do you think could be the cause of such a SPIKE?

My mind is truly boggling right now...

ACM.PNG

Massive elephant in the room… As Anthony Kiedis said, "young people are dying these days". They weren't dying before 2021…

How much longer will the denial continue for?

• Like 1

I feel really sorry for the anti-vaxxers who, as children, were forced to receive vaccinations for silly diseases.

I only wish there was an antidote to reverse the effects of these silly vaccines so their bodies could be natural. Polio was just a vicious rumour. Hep B and C? Nothing to it

• Like 1

One of the reasons for current excess deaths in the UK, unfortunately some prefer to keep their heads in the rabbit hole with conspiracy theories and ignore the facts.

The British Heart Foundation (BHF) said significant and widespread disruption to heart care services was still driving a surge in excess deaths.

The BHF report describes a “vast backlog of time-sensitive cardiac care”, which has jumped by almost 50% since the pandemic began to nearly 350,000 people.

It warns of millions of “missing” heart patients, diagnosed and undiagnosed, who could have conditions such as high blood pressure that put them at higher risk of heart attack and stroke.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/sep/13/whats-behind-the-mystery-of-thousands-of-excess-deaths-this-summer

12 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Sure, that explains the sudden deaths of all those teenagers, fit adults and athletes.

You coincidence theorists are a mistery to me…

Can you provide a link to all the sudden deaths of those teenagers, fit adults and athletes that have died though unknown causes?

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Can you provide a link to all the sudden deaths of those teenagers, fit adults and athletes that have died though unknown causes?

Ah, right, a "link", i.e. an "approved" source of information.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, rattlesnake said:

Ah, right, a "link", i.e. an "approved" source of information.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

No, any link will do...............just something to confirm and substantiate your wild claims beyond the cave walls

• Thumbs Up 1