Xmas Buffets or Xmas Fixed Meals in CM ?

CaptainSplod

Hi Guys,

It's almost "that" time of the year again - and we're looking forward to coming to CM this year
for a Christmas Buffet - or even a Fixed Christmas meal (Lunch- or Dinnertime events).

I guess others here would also be very interested to know anything about any Xmas Buffets or (Fixed) meals,

For example:
- where, 
- what date interval (if any), 
- Lunch and/or Dinner, 
- time allotments (if any), 
- booking procedure and 
- cost per person.

Naturally, a link to the hotel/restaurant website would save listing much of the above.

Thanks - and have a Very Merry one, too !! 

Edited by CaptainSplod

Heh! Yeah, early perhaps - but better to be early than to be too late. It maybe gives folks some time and a chance to "notice" any good arrangements and post them here.

----------------------------------------

Agree - an Xmas buffet is preferable - but not always available. Thanks - Duke's is a start, at least.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CaptainSplod said:

Heh! Yeah, early perhaps - but better to be early than to be too late. It maybe gives folks some time and a chance to "notice" any good arrangements and post them here.

----------------------------------------

Agree - an Xmas buffet is preferable - but not always available. Thanks - Duke's is a start, at least.

They used to have a buffet with timed table seatings & we enjoyed that....

Since they changed to this arrangement we no longer go.....

3 hours ago, novacova said:

99฿ xmas dinner seems a bit risky 

That is what they are advertising it for  , 99 Baht for a Christmas dinner for two , with a glass of Champagne and Christmas present as well all for 99 Baht advertised on the window outside . 

If they dont follow through and provide the services advertised and offered, I will be straight back home to make a thread about it here on ASEANNOW

On 11/16/2022 at 8:19 PM, Sparktrader said:

Hate Xmas. Excuse to charge more for bad puddings and turkey which tastes like leather.

Yeah, maybe. We've never experienced a typical Xmas Meal (good or bad) at a restaurant/hotel so can't give any opinion.  Gotta try it just once, at least.  ????????

On 11/17/2022 at 12:52 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is what they are advertising it for  , 99 Baht for a Christmas dinner for two , with a glass of Champagne and Christmas present as well all for 99 Baht advertised on the window outside . 

If they dont follow through and provide the services advertised and offered, I will be straight back home to make a thread about it here on ASEANNOW

Definitely looking forward the THAT thread!  ????

• 2 weeks later...

Well now - at last it's December and there ought not to be any further "big occasions" until Christmas.

Please do remember to keep an eye and an ear out for any Xmas buffets or fixed meals in CM and post the info here,

Many thanks to NancyL for the Le Meridien tip - we'll certainly take a look at that one!

Thanks  ????

On 11/26/2022 at 6:56 PM, NancyL said:

Le Meridien Chiang Mai has announced a Christmas Day buffet and Christmas Eve set menu dinner.  There are discounts for booking early.  Details on their Facebook page.

Their Thanksgiving dinner got a horrendous review on CM Expats FB page.  

Edited by sqwakvfr

48 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Their Thanksgiving dinner got a horrendous review on CM Expats FB page.  

I saw the photos the reviewer posted and they looked OK.  All he had to do was ask for a second portion.  I guess he is used to buffet eating, with the plate overloaded, rather than having food well-presented where you can appreciate each item.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, NancyL said:

I saw the photos the reviewer posted and they looked OK.  All he had to do was ask for a second portion.  I guess he is used to buffet eating, with the plate overloaded, rather than having food well-presented where you can appreciate each item.

I have stayed at this and I doubt the management understands what Thanksgiving really is:  To eat a like a pig .  Their food is allegedly “high quality and small portions”.  This does not work for Thanksgiving.  I spoke to the dining manager and I believe he is German.  

Possibly Christmas Dinner will be different.  But I would never go back there for any reason.  

Edited by sqwakvfr

19 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I have stayed at this and I doubt the management understands what Thanksgiving really is:  To eat a like a pig .  Their food is allegedly “high quality and small portions”.  This does not work for Thanksgiving.  I spoke to the dining manager and I believe he is German.  

Possibly Christmas Dinner will be different.  But I would never go back there for any reason.  

Is there some reason you can't request a second serving?  Also criticism that they weren't carving the second turkey was unfounded, implying it was "just for show".  There was meat remaining from the first turkey.  Give 'em a break.

We've dined at Le Meridien when they've had a "pasta station" and the portions are small.  No problem, go back and get another.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NancyL said:

Is there some reason you can't request a second serving?  Also criticism that they weren't carving the second turkey was unfounded, implying it was "just for show".  There was meat remaining from the first turkey.  Give 'em a break.

We've dined at Le Meridien when they've had a "pasta station" and the portions are small.  No problem, go back and get another.

“Give ‘em a break” not a their prices. 

Hmmm...things is hotting up! ????

I also have a place of interest (maybe) - Duangtawan Hotel, which has both an Xmas Buffet and a Dinner, too. Look on their Facebook page for more details.

The Wild Hog (Hang Dong area) looks very interesting, so many thanks for that tip.

I don't think the Duke's would suit us this time around, but thanks, anyway.

Keep 'em coming! ????

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, CaptainSplod said:

I also have a place of interest (maybe) - Duangtawan Hotel, which has both an Xmas Buffet and a Dinner, too. Look on their Facebook page for more details.

Thanks @CaptainSplod 

As we will be staying there, definitely a no brainer.

Short elevator ride for the compulsory siesta post feeding.