Former President Donald Trump files to run in 2024

Scott

Activists have lamented that waiting for an indictment has left them hopeless. But according to "The View's" Sunny Hostin, sources she knows inside the Justice Department said that an indictment is coming down for Trump in the next 30 to 90 days.

Alyssa Farah Griffin agreed she's heard the same thing from her sources.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-indictment-predictions/

3 hours ago, gbsmiley said:

I'm from the UK; can only imagine your laws are different to ours.

You certainly couldn't run for office whilst in prison.

I have no affinity to either party 

Replublican or Democrat, or their policies, but can say this.

In UK we see Trump as a 'Nut Job'

Islington is not the UK.

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Inciting an attack on the Capitol.

Kissing the ring of Putin.

Handing that N.Korean dictator a publicity coup.

Destroying the Iranian Nuclear arms pact.

Undermining the UN.

Politicizing the DOJ.

Do I need to go on?

No point is there?. 

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Activists have lamented that waiting for an indictment has left them hopeless. But according to "The View's" Sunny Hostin, sources she knows inside the Justice Department said that an indictment is coming down for Trump in the next 30 to 90 days.

Alyssa Farah Griffin agreed she's heard the same thing from her sources.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-indictment-predictions/

Translation: "I know somebody who knows somebody who said . . . "

Sounds like "next week is infrastructure week!"  Slimey reality TV promises to entice you to watch the next episode. 

I'm not an activist, but from what we've had to sit through I suspect this orange-faced business will still be an issue in the 2032 presidential race, providing he is still alive and is not a semi-vegetable being fed pablum by a nursemaid.  The promise of a DT indictment is as valid as the notion of bipartisanship in US Congress.  Prove me wrong, General Garland!

2 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

New York Post taunts Trump’s presidential bid with ‘Florida man makes announcement’ teaser at very bottom of front page.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/new-york-post-taunts-trumps-presidential-bid-with-florida-man-makes-announcement-teaser-at-the-very-bottom-of-the-front-page-11668615237

They buried the story on page 26: ‘With just 720 days to go before the next election a Florida retiree made the surprise announcement he was running for President….he has stated his qualifications include being a very stable genius’.

Yeah. This is real!

To those that don't know, the New York Post is a right wing newspaper.

Fhr8kSfXgAMnVmS.thumb.jpg.e2118345c82c833c90772257ffa509bd.jpg

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Did we really need Rachel Maddow's wife to point out what the building looked like?

https://i.redd.it/zveipdb7g9r21.jpg

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Harvey Weinstein must be so proud of you.

You really think the two are the same? OR are you just avoiding the issue...  The Harv has been found guilty of sexual assault, and rightly so. Last time I checked the same could not be said for the Bad Orange Man.

Or do you dispute my characterization of the entertainment industry as a sordid world where women trade sexual favours for work/exposure?

6 hours ago, nauseus said:

No point is there?. 

True. I noticed no refutation of the list of accomplishments during the Trump years in the White House. Just the usual generalities and hysteria.

Now having said that, I dont want him to run again. If he DOES carry on, I dont want him to win the nomination.  I frankly can't think of a way he can expand the GOP voter base enough to regain the Presidency. 

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So Trump is 100% correct with his statements and he isn't corrupt, and it's all a political hack job being done on him...wow, drank the kool-aid you did.

I wasn't talking about Trump. I know you can't get him out of your head, but do try to at least read the posts before posting. Good lad.

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

It's so funny. Low Energy 45 thinks that if he declares himself a candidate, he cannot be prosecuted for the crimes he committed.

If only Jeffrey Dahmer had thought of that!

The fact that he has a lot of energy compared to the senile guy in the cseat should be enough to clinch it for him. 

Even before he cheated to win the election, he couldn't even remember trumps fist name, calling him George. 

What a mess the US is in. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump is the subject of this thread, or did you miss that?

Actually, the topic is Trump running in the 2024 election. Therefore, the 2024 election is also part of the thread. Trump is not the only one running in that.

I know you'd like every post on this forum to be restricted to "Orange Man bad" and removed if it does not conform to that rule, but unfortunately that's not the way things work. 

Hope that clears things up...

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Actually, the topic is Trump running in the 2024 election. Therefore, the 2024 election is also part of the thread. Trump is not the only one running in that.

I know you'd like every post on this forum to be restricted to "Orange Man bad" and removed if it does not conform to that rule, but unfortunately that's not the way things work. 

Hope that clears things up...

Nobody else has thrown their hat in and make an official announcement, only Trump right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

True. I noticed no refutation of the list of accomplishments during the Trump years in the White House. Just the usual generalities and hysteria.

Now having said that, I dont want him to run again. If he DOES carry on, I dont want him to win the nomination.  I frankly can't think of a way he can expand the GOP voter base enough to regain the Presidency. 

Me too - his actual record up until the 2020 election was pretty good, despite all of the efforts of the Democrats to turn him over.

Trump's real problem came at the election and after that it just got worse. If he could have just conceded - even if he did believe there were problems with the vote - then shut up, let go  and handed over, then this rerun now would have had far more chance of success. I suppose that's what they call it politics.... and Trump is certainly not a politician. 

It will be interesting to see how hard the Democrats try to attack him now he has announced. I reckon they'll actually back off for a while.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump is under DOJ and State Prosecutor investigation for multiple crimes while in office.

These investigations are widely reported, as are the facts of individuals being subpoenaed to give testimony, including Trump himself.

And of course there’s the glaringly unmissable case in which the DOJ obtained a legally issued warrant and conducted a legally authorized search of Trump’s property in which top secret documen ration that Trump had no legal right to was recovered. The investigation continues.

I don’t expect any Trump supporter to accept these facts, I don’t expect any Trump supporter to agree the warrant to search and the search of Trump’s property were lawful, I don’t expect any Trump supporter to agree with any indictment that might be issued against Trump, I don’t expect any Trump supporter to agree any trial Trump might face is lawful and I certainly don’t expect any Trump supporter to agree to any convictions against Trump from any of the multiple criminal investigations he is under.

There is no evidence against Trump that will ever convince his supporters he is a criminal.

He was entirely correct when he said he could shoot someone on fifth Avenue and not lose supporters.

That’s precisely how cults are.

One of Dickens' books became a bit of a cult icon,

Great Expectations I think it was.

Toodle-Pip!

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Me too - his actual record up until the 2020 election was pretty good, despite all of the efforts of the Democrats to turn him over.

Trump's real problem came at the election and after that it just got worse. If he could have just conceded - even if he did believe there were problems with the vote - then shut up, let go  and handed over, then this rerun now would have had far more chance of success. I suppose that's what they call it politics.... and Trump is certainly not a politician. 

It will be interesting to see how hard the Democrats try to attack him now he has announced. I reckon they'll actually back off for a while.

Why do you think the Dems will back off from attacking Trump? Do they fear him? You might have a point. Maybe it would make strategic sense for the Dems to throw faint praise towards Trump and vote him up in polls to give him a boost in the primaries. Trump is the person the Dems fear the least. Why? Because angry old white men without college degrees are a diminishing demographic and therefore a spent political force.

• Like 1