Former President Donald Trump files to run in 2024

Scott

There is the possibility that DeSantis and Trump will make a deal. Trump will withdraw and DeSantis will pardon him. If Trump thinks he is the weaker candidate or his advisors do, I think there is a big chance such a quid quo pro might happen.

It would be illegal but the GOP controlled House would not impeach him.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think not.

I assume DeSantis knows what happened to Gerald Ford.

Nixon did not have a cult following. I think neither can win a presidential election without the other on side and one of them has to give.

Edited by ozimoron

31 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Nixon did not have a cult following. I think neither can win a presidential election without the other on side and one of them has to give.

You're forgetting how passionate the opposition to Trump is. Trump's crimes are much more serious. To pardon him signals support for authoritarianism.

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

People are gutting  prematurely overly excited  by that trumpist demagogue. It is way way too early for his coronation. He is untested.

Desantis doesn't have the smell of a winner, IMO.  More like a New Jersey governor from the bad old days, soon to be publicly shamed.  Matt Gaetz had his case dismissed, I guess Matt's dad owes Ronnie a favor or two. 

A lot of long knives out on the right for the WH run.  We'll see lots of conservative carnage in the coming year, but Fox etc will not carry it, there will be 24/7 about a certain laptop.

IMO the top dogs of the pack are Pompeo and Flynn.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It really doesn't matter if he knew who Fuentes was or not. Trump knows that West is an avowed anti-semite.

He had Rittenhouse visit him down there too, supposedly they watched that DeSouza movie together.  I think we haven't seen the last of little Kyle.

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

There is the possibility that DeSantis and Trump will make a deal. Trump will withdraw and DeSantis will pardon him. If Trump thinks he is the weaker candidate or his advisors do, I think there is a big chance such a quid quo pro might happen.

It would be illegal but the GOP controlled House would not impeach him.

I agree it's possible, but I can't see Trump's ego allowing that.

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

According to this Trump found him likable...................lol

Trump at one point turned to Ye and said, "I really like this guy. He gets me," according to the source.

https://www.axios.com/2022/11/25/trump-nick-fuentes-ye-kanye

He's like 11 years too young to even run for Congress. They have that rule for a reason.

• Like 2

Gag! ????

F---ing nightmare’: Trump team does damage control after he dines with Ye and white supremacist Nick Fuentes

"Trump then grew animated about Ye challenging him. “You’re not going to win. You can’t beat me,” Trump told Ye, the source said. “Nick, you work for the guy, and just because you work for him, you’re going to tell him he can beat me? You just got finished telling me I was the best president ever.” ????????????

https://news.yahoo.com/<deleted>-nightmare-trump-team-232425847.html

Edited by candide
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

According to this Trump found him likable...................lol

Trump at one point turned to Ye and said, "I really like this guy. He gets me," according to the source.

https://www.axios.com/2022/11/25/trump-nick-fuentes-ye-kanye

Did he really? Or was that according to the source. LOL.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Don't think Flynn - too associated, correctly, with the crazy right. If you are crazy right you need as a minimum the ability to wax lyrical and win over an audience like Trump. He hasn't got that.

I was thinking of the dogfight that will be the Republican Primary.  He's a bully, a miltary-type bully, he could intimidate his way to the nomination.  Check out vids of these shows he puts on with evangelical preachers, scary stuff.  But yeah, he's too extreme to win a legit election. I hope.

• Like 1