Non-O expires Jan 3rd, Translation service screwing the pooch, 60 day extension ok?

Hello all,

I came to Thailand Oct 6th.  I'm in Sisaket.  I have a non-o that I will get the marriage extension for.  Wife and I were married outside Thailand.  I took all of the steps necessary to have the marriage cert, certified and sealed back in the US.  

In Thailand, we have to have the documents translated into Thai and then sent to MFA.  The translation service "completed translation" and sent back to us.  We then sent to MFA in Bangkok.  Which they then sent back to us, stating that there were many translation errors (they circled and pointed them out).  Out of the 6 pages 4 had multiple errors.  (500 Baht p/p btw).

Contacted the translation company, and they're being, well, douchey about it but are "fixing it".

So question/s:

My non-o expires Jan 3rd 2022.  I have to apply for the extension a minimum of 30 days prior to visa expiration (as I understand).   At this point, I'm 99% sure that I will not have the translated docs in time to register them (Kor ror), and make it to immigration with all the required docs.

So, is my only option in that case, to get a 60 day extension on my visa?  Is that even a viable option?  Something else?

Thanks for any help,

Lou

There is no requirement to apply for the extension 30 days early. It can be done up to the day it expires.

You have plenty of time to apply for your extension.

In my opinion the best thing to do to avoid problems is to use a translation service to do the translation and the certification of it at the Department of Consular Affairs' of the MFA.. 

• Thumbs Up 1

not related to your question but i was wondering if they have the ability and skill of english level that can notice multiple errors and so on sounds like stupid to me they are asking translation. They should know what a certificate looks like... I think this is again money chain thing. they just want the translation because they want translation offices get money. 

if its not personal or private may i ask what kind of errors they noticed? grammar or sentences errors? Incorrect authority addressing error? number errors? etc. 

thanks and good luck if you need another translater i have a number and they are really good and their work confirmed via MFA too just send me a message, not sure about the price though.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, problemfarang said:

not related to your question but i was wondering if they have the ability and skill of english level that can notice multiple errors and so on sounds like stupid to me they are asking translation. They should know what a certificate looks like... I think this is again money chain thing. they just want the translation because they want translation offices get money. 

if its not personal or private may i ask what kind of errors they noticed? grammar or sentences errors? Incorrect authority addressing error? number errors? etc. 

thanks and good luck if you need another translater i have a number and they are really good and their work confirmed via MFA too just send me a message, not sure about the price though.

Its a scam at the MFA. They rejected my translation as well. They like you to use their own in house translation service which of course passed first time

19 minutes ago, jimn said:

Its a scam at the MFA. They rejected my translation as well. They like you to use their own in house translation service which of course passed first time

They don't have their own translation service at the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA.

At one time their were a couple of booths offering translation services but those are gone now.

19 minutes ago, jimn said:

It was a requirement to use a MFA certified translation agency some 25 years ago so do not believe anything new.  And normally such services will do the MFA registration as part of their service.  As once accepted this become an official legal document it is vital that it is correct.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no requirement to apply for the extension 30 days early. It can be done up to the day it expires.

You have plenty of time to apply for your extension.

In my opinion the best thing to do to avoid problems is to use a translation service to do the translation and the certification of it at the Department of Consular Affairs' of the MFA.. 

We are using a translation service.  In BKK.  They just dropped the ball.  The MFA is who told us their translation was wrong (multiple parts of it).

Thank you for that, I had no clue.  I thought it was 30 days min.  Sigh of relief.

Thank you so much for your help.  Greatly appreciated.

-Lou

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They don't have their own translation service at the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA.

At one time their were a couple of booths offering translation services but those are gone now.

Ok thanks. Not been there for a while. When mine was rejected I was directed down to a lower floor where they could do it for us, I assumed they were still there.