Twitter hit with mass resignations after Elon Musk's ‘hardcore’ ultimatum

Scott

So musk wants to ban remote working but is shutting down access to tw*tter offices…gotta love the irony of that approach.

tw*tter rapidly becoming the poster child for how not to run a company. 

“As the deadline approached, Musk reportedly grew concerned about how many remaining employees could leave the company. In a new memo, he appeared to walk back some of his earlier comments banning all remote work, though he still said he would fire managers if remote workers on their teams weren’t performing.

But it seems the concession wasn’t enough for many at Twitter Platformer’s Zoe Schiffer reported Thursday that Musk and his lieutenants were struggling to figure out just how many employees had declined to check the “yes” box on his Google form, and that Twitter would be closing down access to its offices for a few days as an extra precaution.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Considering that the starting salary at Twitter for a software engineer is just north of $150K this sounds very generous. Half a million in severance and out the door.  

Here is a Youtube clip from a Twitter employee describing their day...

How many software engineers does twitter employ, was this woman one of those?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

This coming from someone who complains about the imbalance of power between workers and owners. And you you support someone who imposes abusive work conditions. Your true colors are showing.

Wokes are neither workers or owners.

As for abusive work conditions, I always took the payoffs to leave, new job next day, and cash in my pocket.

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

How many software engineers does twitter employ, was this woman one of those?

She hashtags @womenintech and @finance.   

Her bio says she is a CPA and FInancial Analyst II at Twitter. Looks like a base salary of $115k plus bonus.

• Haha 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

She hashtags @womenintech and @finance.   

Her bio says she is a CPA and FInancial Analyst II at Twitter. Looks like a base salary of $115k plus bonus.

Right so nothing to do with the software engineers you referred to and have no idea how many are employed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Are software engineers paid $150 000 a month? If so I agree that is nice little pile of  severance pay. 

Most people in western countries calculate salaries in annual terms I think. I certainly do. Monthly remuneration is generally referred to as wages unless the recipients are contractors.

• Thumbs Up 1

How much do people at Twitter get paid? See the latest salaries by department and job title. The average estimated annual salary, including base and bonus, at Twitter is $96,790, or $46 per hour, while the estimated median salary is $75,542, or $36 per hour.

At Twitter, the highest paid job is a Director of Sales at $350,000 annually and the lowest is an Admin Assistant at $46,994 annually. Average Twitter salaries by department include: Operations at $69,319, Sales at $168,399, Legal at $115,853, and Communications at $181,500. Half of Twitter salaries are above $75,542.

https://www.comparably.com/companies/twitter/salaries

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Most people in western countries calculate salaries in annual terms I think. I certainly do. Monthly remuneration is generally referred to as wages unless the recipients are contractors.

I thought that was the case but you know, you never know…until you do that is. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

he seems hell bent on turning a large business into a small one...

He's good at making money, does Twitter really need all that many staff?

This IMHO is removing the chaff, and maybe an asset stripping exercise.

Or maybe he's just bought it to close it in a revenge scenario for hurting his feelings.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Or maybe he's just bought it to close it in a revenge scenario for hurting his feelings.

Any or all of the above...

I don't know the nuts and bolts of the cyber industry (see what I did there ? ???? ) to understand if "X" staff is too many, though I'm sure that PayPal had more than a software writer and a receptionist...

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

That depends. From what I read, about half the staff were contract moderators. Perhaps the previous owner just decided to hire double the staff that he needed and the stock market didn't notice.

• Like 1