Twitter hit with mass resignations after Elon Musk's ‘hardcore’ ultimatum

Scott

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

How is a twitter poll democracy at play, please explain your reasoning?

It's pure democracy. The most votes wins, something the left had been championing after the 2016 election. Are you saying that pure votes on a contentious issue to determine policy is undemocratic?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Musk himself estimates, "90% Of Comments On My Account Are Bots" which is where the poll was held.

Didnt the left "debunk" this, as if true it would have meant Twitter execs(good people) had been defrauding advertizers if using user numbers known to be fake?

IMO Trump's fans were at a disadvantage in the poll seeing how conservatives were censored and banned in the old Twitter and many had simply given up and moved to Gab Parler etc where conservatives were not persecuted for political belief.

• Haha 2

Just now, SunnyinBangrak said:

Didnt the left "debunk" this, as if true it would have meant Twitter execs(good people) had been defrauding advertizers if using user numbers known to be fake?

IMO Trump's fans were at a disadvantage in the poll seeing how conservatives were censored and banned in the old Twitter and many had simply given up and moved to Gab Parler etc where conservatives were not persecuted for political belief.

You missed quoting all the other reasons for your conviction that this is pure democracy.............lol

As for the lame attempt at deflection with no evidence.

Are you still convinced this pure democracy at play?

• Like 2

The true axis of evil, money, power and the courts. Musk so hated the anti-hate message that he decided to use his untold untaxed wealth to buy a publicly accountable company and turn it into a platform for hate to further the GOP's southern strategy of harnessing racism to gain power. Protected by the supreme court which they installed, dark money funds elections anonymously. The inevitable outcome is Oligarchy.

The rich harness the southern strategy and the religious right, racism and anti American secessionist inclinations (the unwon civil war) to control the message and coerce the uneducated useful idiots to coalesce around them and vote against their own interests. So enamoured are they by the prospect of hanging onto their white privilege that they will facilitate the transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich and control the world without even noticing. Their disdain of world government is a joke.

Musk will turn Twitter into a money losing hate fest. Advertisers will abandon him but he doesn't care. His immense wealth distorts the normal market balance, part of the growing monopoly of the economy by the rich. He will do so with funding from Saudi Arabia in a partnership of some kind within three months.

He knows the supreme court will protect his message of hate and intolerance under the First Amendment. If he realizes his dream of an all singing, all dancing platform he won't do it with American talent, the educated don't like fascism. He will import talent. Reap what you sow, right wingers.

Next stop, gated communities to keep the great unwashed out. The gap between the rich and the poor is now so great and with the world's population hitting 8 billion, that will be their Custer's last stand.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Trump is back! Wonder what his first tweet's going to be..........????

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Elon Musk reinstated Donald Trump’s account on Twitter on Saturday, reversing a ban that has kept the former president off the social media site since a pro-Trump mob attacked the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, as Congress was poised to certify Joe Biden’s election victory.

Musk made the announcement in the evening after holding a poll that asked Twitter users to click “yes” or “no” on whether Trump’s account should be restored. The “yes” vote won, with 51.8%.

https://apnews.com/article/elon-musk-biden-twitter-inc-technology-congress-d88e3de4b3cc095926dc133f53dc3320

I wonder if Musk did anything about those 70% fake accounts/bots that follow him.

Now all Trump has to do is abandon Truth Social and all the investors that trusted him.  Not a problem for Trump.

Oh wait, Trump said he wouldn't do that.   https://www.newsweek.com/trump-twitter-truth-social-elon-musk-ban-1755413

It will be interesting to see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

Now all Trump has to do is abandon Truth Social and all the investors that trusted him.  Not a problem for Trump.

Oh wait, Trump said he wouldn't do that.   https://www.newsweek.com/trump-twitter-truth-social-elon-musk-ban-1755413

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Actually, if I were to bet on it, I'd bet that Truth Social will survive longer than Twitter. Unless Musk sells it at a firesale price to more competent people.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Well this is fascinating. Musk did a poll to see whether DJT should be invited back on Twitter. More than 10m voted. This is REAL democracy in play. Yet the pro Trump side won and he's back. And what happens? Yep, the left accuse him of cheating!! Beyond ironic.

And a super quick browse through Trumps page I see why they banned him. He destroys the J6 dog and pony show so so bad.

Happy days. Welcome back Sir. Look forward to see you continue to hold dishonest msm and fake narratives feet over the coals. 

Ahem. According to the radio news a while back he declined to return and will stay on his site.

However he does tend to change his mind a lot, so perhaps he will go back, or not.

On 11/20/2022 at 3:35 PM, placeholder said:

Actually, if I were to bet on it, I'd bet that Truth Social will survive longer than Twitter. Unless Musk sells it at a firesale price to more competent people.

Well failing Twitter that is "soon to be bankrupt" is smashing new records with the new boss at the helm. Note this is active users not new members/bots. Very impressive indeed!

On 11/20/2022 at 9:34 PM, placeholder said:

What you don't note is that he tweeted that well after the violence had begun. And despite his denial that he was watching the insurrection on TV, plenty of witnesses who were there testified that he was.

He knows, he's been appraised of this detail on a number of occasions.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Well failing Twitter that is "soon to be bankrupt" is smashing new records with the new boss at the helm. Note this is active users not new members/bots. Very impressive indeed!

Doesn't matter if can't get enough advertisers to pay for it. I hope he can't.

1 minute ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

What he doesn't note is what they are posting about. Ya think maybe it's about what he's doing to Twitter?

And how do you know that some of this increase isn't due to bots?

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Doesn't matter if can't get enough advertisers to pay for it. I hope he can't.

Fair point. But I don't expect this info will be made public - why would he? What I did see was virtue signalling msm outlets that made a big song and dance about quitting twitter due to their fear of opposing opinions and free speech come back a couple of days later hoping nobody would notice. I expect advertizers will do the same. After all, business is business, and twitter is by far the best in class.

"CBS News has returned to Twitter after a pausing its activity on the platform for just over a day, the network announced Sunday."

https://www.thewrap.com/cbs-news-returns-to-twitter-as-network-monitors/

1 minute ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Fair point. But I don't expect this info will be made public - why would he? What I did see was virtue signalling msm outlets that made a big song and dance about quitting twitter due to their fear of opposing opinions and free speech come back a couple of days later hoping nobody would notice. I expect advertizers will do the same. After all, business is business, and twitter is by far the best in class.

"CBS News has returned to Twitter after a pausing its activity on the platform for just over a day, the network announced Sunday."

https://www.thewrap.com/cbs-news-returns-to-twitter-as-network-monitors/

You may be correct, but I hope you are wrong, and it goes belly up.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

"Note this is active users not new members/bots"

He makes not mention of bots and in the replies plenty of people are asking the exact same question, he's got back to none of them. Still with the world cup this was expected.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

On 11/20/2022 at 9:58 AM, HighPriority said:

Forget the left/right crapshooot mate.

Just try to analyse the facts, sure at the end of the day one source may be left or right leaning and you can weigh that into your interpretation but stand away and consider the facts first and foremost, its called critical thinking as opposed to blindly following.

I think what SunnyinBangrak is engaged in should be called "Pavlovian Thinking".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You may be correct, but I hope you are wrong, and it goes belly up.

Bit embarrassing to admit, but quite enjoying Twitter these days. SOme of my favourite accounts have been restored Carl Benjamin, Jordan Peterson, Juantina Broaddrick etc

The trending topics are also now real, not democrat talking points, this is totally different from before. Not saying you should give it another chance, but it's an enjoyable place for a surf nowadays.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Bit embarrassing to admit, but quite enjoying Twitter these days. SOme of my favourite accounts have been restored Carl Benjamin, Jordan Peterson, Juantina Broaddrick etc

The trending topics are also now real, not democrat talking points, this is totally different from before. Not saying you should give it another chance, but it's an enjoyable place for a surf nowadays.

Amoral scum, all three. Musk as well for enabling their hate.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

If it actually becomes non partisan, rather than a platform for anti conservatives, good luck to Musk.

However, I'll never find out myself as there are not enough hours in the day for me to be on a different chat forum as well as this one and still have a life.

23 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Amoral scum, all three. Musk as well for enabling their hate.

Is it possible accusing others of being "scum" without personal knowledge of them is hateful behaviour in itself? Certainly labelling the poor woman that Bill Clinton abused and then Hillary tried to undermine and deny her truth as scum is an extreme stance. In the many years we have been "friends" on social media in posts and pm's I never witnessed her saying anything hateful, quite the opposite actually.

Kudos to Musk for ending political persecution and returning anti authority intellectuals to social media.

Edited by SunnyinBangrak
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Is it possible accusing others of being "scum" without personal knowledge of them is hateful behaviour in itself? Certainly labelling the poor woman that Bill Clinton abused and then Hillary tried to undermine and deny her truth as scum is an extreme stance. In the many years we have been "friends" on social media in posts and pm's I never witnessed her saying anything hateful, quite the opposite actually.

Kudos to Musk for ending political persecution and returning anti authority intellectuals to social media.

Why would anyone need personal knowledge of a person to hate them? Surely their words and actions are sufficient?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1