Thai man who won 6 million in the state lottery goes to the police after his wife disappears with the cash - and her lover!

webfact

The more things change, the more they stay the same.   Visit Vietnam and read the newspaper Tuoi Tre.  The pages are full of reports of various cruel scams.  I'm a Vietnam veteran 66-69.  My ex-wife was Vietnamese.  She has been scammed twice by other women who took everything.  Some of the cruelest scams are the false marriage scams perpetrated by Chinese women who charge large sums to recruit people who will pretend to be marriage partners for Chinese who want a fiancé visa to get to the US.  She pays Americans to visit the prospective spouse in China.  After the Americans return to the US, she disappears with all of the money that the Chinese have paid.  I have read letters that the Chinese have written to the American scammers.  They are truly pitiful.  
One of the cruel scams that I remember in Saigon was that of various clinics that sprang up in Saigon offering expensive injections to make childless women pregnant. The women's bellies swelled but none became pregnant.  All of the clinics disappeared..  Plus la change, quelque la meme chose! 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 9:51 AM, ChrisKC said:

Never trust a woman - if the man is the victim

Never trust a man - if the woman is the victim

What a sad world we live in where nobody can trust anybody!

And there are many people who cannot trust themselves!

There's only ever been one woman (or person) that I would ever trust enough to put that kind of money into their bank account. (my mother)????

Edited by Andrew65
  • Thanks 1