I got angry today, as always "thai people know it better, your way might work in farangland, but this is Thailand" ...

AndyAndyAndy

You have another option. Leave your wife. And very carefully screen the next potential wife for design flaws. Find one that believes in you. Find one that respects you, has your back, and possesses common sense. As we know, Thais do not necessarily do it better. Many Thais have no pride in the work they do. 

Being doubted all your life cannot be very satisfying. Same applies to being surrounded by empty superstitions. That would try my patience to no end. 

You asked. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

You have another option. Leave your wife. And very carefully screen the next potential wife for design flaws. Find one that believes in you. Find one that respects you, has your back, and possesses common sense. As we know, Thais do not necessarily do it better. Many Thais have no pride in the work they do. 

Being doubted all your life cannot be very satisfying. Same applies to being surrounded by empty superstitions. That would try my patience to no end. 

You asked. 

Even better option, after getting divorced do not get married again. No man HAS to be married.

We are all allowed one big mistake when it comes to women, but we need to understand it was a mistake, and that doing the same thing over and over is not a good idea.

Your wish list woman IMO is impossible to find.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Possibly real. Seems to be a lot of people climbing onto their roofs lately.

German overstayer included.????????

Of course American professional wrestling is genuine ask many Americans. So Spiderman must also be real?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

I got my wish list. Maybe I just got really lucky. Maybe I gave myself many years to find out who she really was before marrying. Either way, I feel very fortunate. 

Me as well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

Someone posted this a couple of years ago.

The poster came home after work and told his Thai wife that their dog Pokey told him that she had just lay around all day watching TV. She went into tears "Why would Pokey tell you that?"

Dogs, cats, the spider watching me from the corner all have a different view of the world. My Thai wife and I see many things very differently. I have to bite my tongue sometimes, but we let each other have our personal realities.

My wife was racist, superstitious, an alcoholic, a prolific liar, prone to anger over not much and astoundingly untidy. I knew little of that before getting married, despite living with her a year. She was consummate at hiding the problems till after we got married.

Even after I found out there was no point in trying to discuss any of it as she refused to talk about it.

In the end though, none of that was the reason we got divorced.

PS. Despite all that above she was a great partner till she wasn't. Always worked hard, great cook and the other as well.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My wife was racist, superstitious, an alcoholic, a prolific liar, prone to anger over not much and astoundingly untidy. I knew little of that before getting married, despite living with her a year. She was consummate at hiding the problems till after we got married.

Even after I found out there was no point in trying to discuss any of it as she refused to talk about it.

In the end though, none of that was the reason we got divorced.

PS. Despite all that above she was a great partner till she wasn't. Always worked hard, great cook and the other as well.

In my post on page one of this thread, I stated 'Many years ago I dated a Thai woman just like this and it near on drove me crazy.'.

You have just described her perfectly.

She wasn't just violent, she would turn on a dime and for no apparent reason..

Quite a few times she threatened me with a kitchen knife for an the most trivial of arguments.

Her racism is reflected in the O.P.'s wife's behaviour, 'you're a farang, you will never be better than a Thai man'.

The constant lying, untidiness and stupid superstitions were also among her 'qualities'.

We were together for a bout 18 months and after eventually kicking her out I was finding empty Lao Khao bottles hidden all over the house for ages after and the local mom & pop shop told me that she was buying a bottle each day.

She was so good at hiding her alcoholism that I didn't even know that she was drinking some most days.

Eventually I had to move house, as she wouldn't stop turning up on the doorstep.

As you can see above, I have been there (as quite a few of us have) and I have got the badge.

I used to (and still do sometimes) wonder why I was so stupid to be with a woman who was so bigoted against my race.

Maybe I didn't see her ugly side until it was too late.

However, what really does confuse me is why these women are attracted to the very farangs that they look down and despise.

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So you never talked much

20 hours ago, curtklay said:

Reminds me of when I had a/c units installed at my house. I noticed they didn't run ground wires. When I asked why, they said "No need. Electricity different in Thailand". I insisted they ground the units. With the amount of rainfall and lightning they get here, I was astounded at their ignorance.

I had the same problem when I lived in Greece with Greek electricians who would not put a ground wire on a very powerful jacuzzi. I grounded it myself to be safe. Do not get a second chance when you are sat in 1200litres of hot water and there is a big fault.

• Thumbs Up 1