WILL IT PASS 'MUSTER' ??

Hi All,

Several have mentioned that to move from 45(30) day entry to 90 days extension  TM87 paperwork  is sent to Bangkok for approval - so circa 21 days.
Makes it all a bit 'tight' so would like to make sure no slip ups.
Both wife and myself have continually kept more than sufficient Bank balances in Thailand - more than 10 years now.
Balances are kept in Thai Baht and in a Foreign Curreny Account ( Sterling).

In the past each year prior to the annual 'trek' to Immi Offices for our '12 months 'Purpose Retirement' our Thai Bank has always supplied a signed letter confirming the total Balance value in Thai Baht - but with detail of the Sterling Balance and the current conversion rate.

This has always been the case for all past years and never queried.

But in view of the current 'Approval' proceedure - does anybody know if the above will pass 'muster'?

Best Rgds

You will be applying for a non-o visa that allows a 90 day stay that is not a extension. Near the end of the 90 days you will be applying for a one year extension of stay.

You can extend your 45 day visa exempt entry for 30 days to get more time to submit your application on or before you before you have less than 15 days on your stay required to do the visa application.

Where your visa application is sent to for approval depends upon which office you apply at. It is sent to immigration division headquarter the is over the office where you apply.

You will have plenty of time to do the visa application.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will be applying for a non-o visa that allows a 90 day stay that is not a extension. Near the end of the 90 days you will be applying for a one year extension of stay.

You can extend your 45 day visa exempt entry for 30 days to get more time to submit your application on or before you before you have less than 15 days on your stay required to do the visa application.

Where your visa application is sent to for approval depends upon which office you apply at. It is sent to immigration division headquarter the is over the office where you apply.

You will have plenty of time to do the visa application.

Hi ubonjoe,

Thnxs for reply - all understood.

I just added your above TxT to my 'Getting There'  Notes File.

Other points

- For 'waiver' arrival - use TM87 - for 90 day stay 'non-o visa'  - correct?

- Is 'immigration division headquarter' for Chiang Mai the Office  out by Airport?.

- is a mix of currency OK for the 800K - always has been for us until now - the Bank produced a letter showing total Baht valuation.

Everything everywhere seems to be on the 'change' - so checking all.

Best Rgds.

Edited by factseeker

31 minutes ago, factseeker said:

Other points

- For 'waiver' arrival - use TM87 - for 90 day stay 'non-o visa'  - correct?

- Is 'immigration division headquarter' for Chiang Mai the Office  out by Airport?.

- is a mix of currency OK for the 800K - always has been for us until now - the Bank produced a letter showing total Baht valuation.

For a visa exempt entry a Tm87 form is used to apply for the non-o visa.

Chiang Mai immigration is located near the airport.

Not sure where division 5 of immigration is located in Chiang Mai but that is not important since will not do anything there.

If you have a foreign currency account the letter will have the balance in baht at the exchange rate for day it is written.

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

There is hard and simple way to meet the financials.

FCA is not one imo.

Keep 800k in Thai bank account then problem solved 

Hi Dr Jack54

Understand your comment but there was a reasoning behind the FCA.

2 pensions arriving each month converting automatically to Baht - hence a Surfeit.

Problem at moment is that Bank will not convert the FCA to Baht unless I am physically in the Bank with Passbook in hand.

If I have to wait until I am there to do that and it meant a further 3 months until I could go ahead with all the paperwork - bit of a disaster in the planning.

Just trying to make sure of all - as far as is possible.

Best Rgds.

Edited by factseeker