Laos Vaccine Requirements

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Either one.

If done here it could be a certificate from the department of public health.

1 hour ago, hammered said:

Any confirmation on what exactly proof certified by a health agency is? Vax passport or the certificate from the hospital?

I’ve been to Laos across the land border a couple of times and needed the proof of vaccination, which I haven’t got for a recent 72 hour test. On both occasions I was asked by the Lao IO’s for vaccine paraphernalia, but never on return to Thailand. Another reason why I would never go to Lao voluntarily. 

On both occasions on the same day of travel, I went to my local hospital in PhonPhiSai NongKhai and requested one of these tests. I can speak Thai and it was still difficult to get the point across, but I got there in the end. The first time disappointingly they tried to double charge me. I did the AKT Rapid test and prior to being given the paperwork of results. I was given a Chitty and asked to go and pay the fee at the payment window in the hospital. Luckily for me, the woman working at the window queried the fact that they had the charge listed twice so it was 500 Bart not 250 Bart. They will have seen this when they printed it off the computer and handed it to me. They were just belligerently trying to make me pay more than I needed to. Now educated the second time when I went back I told them the cost. I think the moral of the story here is everybody should stay safe bang pots and pans for the NHS get vaccinated with this juice and save 250 Baht and hassle of tests. ????

FB66F945-101A-40CB-BD48-E162AB6735B0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, hammered said:

Thanks for that help. A bit off original topic but are flights out of Thailand asked for on return? Dont want to spam the board up with more new topics!

If you have a valid visa for entry to Thailand a return or onward ticket is not required when boarding your flight or on entry to the country. If entering visa exempt it is required to have a ticket out of the country. Same if applying for a visa on arrival.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1