water drip from shower

BananaBandit

renting an apartment for a month.

water drips from shower.  i don't particularly care, except for the possibililty of a big water bill.  

from what i can tell, it's probably enough water drip to fill three or four laundry bowls (like the kind thai grandmothers use to wash clothes) over a 24hr period.

how much of an extra bill for the month do you think this will be?

The first thing I would check if the water meter is actually spinning if the only thing dripping is the shower. 

or leave the apartment for a couple of hours, upon leaving write down what the meter says (better take a picture) after you come back take another picture and compare the 2 

2nd thing to do is call your landlord and tell him to fix it, if you checked that the water meter keeps spinning when everything else is turned off. 

Edited by MJCM
Spelling and changed House to apartment

Water bills are not particularly high here. If it worries you, call the landlord. If he won't do anything, there is usually a handyman at most condos who will fix such things for a couple of hundred baht.

I suspect it is not worth the trouble of fixing it.

I have a leak in my condo toilet cistern, might add 20 baht to my monthly bill of 100 baht.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BananaBandit said:

from what i can tell, it's probably enough water drip to fill three or four laundry bowls (like the kind thai grandmothers use to wash clothes) over a 24hr period.

how much of an extra bill for the month do you think this will be?

The unit is 1 cubic meter (1,000 litres) and in our case that is about 4 Baht 

34 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The unit is 1 cubic meter (1,000 litres) and in our case that is about 4 Baht 

In our old Condo (in Pattaya) we paid 30 THB per Unit (1000 Litres)

Edited by MJCM

19 minutes ago, MJCM said:

In our old Condo (in Pattaya) we paid 30 THB per Unit (1000 Litres)

For those interested That’s หนึ่งคิว/ ‘Neung Cue‘ 1Cubic meter - of water. Same หนึ่งคิว/ ‘Neung Cue‘ is also the measurement you buy concrete in. For those not interested continue with the scowl. 

• Haha 1

As an engineer you can’t begin to know how much confidence is instilled to know how needed I am when I read this thread. To see that men are sent out into the world with not a clue how it works. I think with the upcoming recession about to kick off I’m gonna be ok , like that last one.