Re-ENTRY permit at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Hello.

I am considering getting a Re-ENTRY permit at Suvarnabhumi Airport just before my flight, instead of going to Chaeng Wattana immigration.

Is there still have the service for Re-ENTRY permit at the airport ?

Is open everyday, 24 hours ?

Thank you ! ????

16 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Done it 3 times recently at varying times in last 6 weeks, once at 1830 and twice around 1030.  Easy to find in Zone 2 and did not have to wait.

Thank you ! I will do it next month.

Can you give some indications to find the Zone 2 ?

16 minutes ago, zenplay said:

Can you give some indications to find the Zone 2

The Officer who stamps you out, just say re entry they will guide you.

Re entry form filled out with photo pasted

Photo copy of Passport photo page, last entry stamp page, current visa/ extension of stay.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zenplay said:

Bottom of the escalator at Passport Control after passing through security screening on the mezzanine level.  It's at the far end of PP control.

13 hours ago, zenplay said:

I asked the immigration officer who processed my passport. They were all very helpful. Re entry permit office is after immigration control. Zone 2 is in the middle of departures, think it's the one level with the big sea snake statue.

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Reentry permit at BKK is just after security check and prior to passport control..

I've been through it 3 times in the last 6 weeks, and each time I passed through the Passport Control Immigration desks before going to the Re-entry Permit Office following the directions of the Immigration Officer.

21 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Under no circumstances get stamped out before you have a re-entry permit! 

This is true only for BKK airport, almost all airports stamp you out first and then issue re entry permit.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, animalmagic said:
10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Reentry permit at BKK is just after security check and prior to passport control..

I've been through it 3 times in the last 6 weeks, and each time I passed through the Passport Control Immigration desks before going to the Re-entry Permit Office following the directions of the Immigration Officer.

I think it depends which Immigration stations you exit through and at which airport. 

i.e. At Suvarnabumi the Re-entry permit station is (was) after the Priority Immigration stations....   but in the Main immigration Hall before the main Immigration stations / booths (but that may well have changed too... the airport seems to under-go a lot of changes and re-jigging things around... 

IF you get to an Immigration station before you have seen the ‘Re-entry station’ then speak up.. 

Tell the Immigration Officer you need a re-entry permit. 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think it depends which Immigration stations you exit through and at which airport. 

i.e. At Suvarnabumi the Re-entry permit station is (was) after the Priority Immigration stations....   but in the Main immigration Hall before the main Immigration stations / booths (but that may well have changed too... the airport seems to under-go a lot of changes and re-jigging things around... 

IF you get to an Immigration station before you have seen the ‘Re-entry station’ then speak up.. 

What??

Yes some superior folk that want to use fast tract and then plead ignorance and are taken to reentry office.

The facts are reentry permits are done PRIOR to immigration control at BKK.

At DMK it's just other side of passport control. 

The office clearly visible from pp control.

These threads come up too often.

People making simple sound difficult. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

What??

Yes some superior folk that want to use fast tract and then plead ignorance and are taken to reentry office.

No need to get so annoyed is there?  The info has been fairly accurate about the differences at the airports

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Dan O said:

No need to get so annoyed is there?  The info has been fairly accurate about the differences at the airports

Not at all.

There is often posts in various threads about BKK and DMK.

For BKK the permit is obtained PRIOR to immigration.

At DMK it's just after immigration.

Not difficult.

Then along come the posts of using fast track at BKK.

Then being ushered back to reentry permit office. 

Ridiculous. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:
16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Expand  

What??

You’ve misunderstood and for some unknown reason taken affront to my clear, concise and accurate post which highlights its not always clear and not always the same. 

As someone who’s lived in Thailand a long time you are surely familiar with how things are handled differently depending on where you are. 

Personal example: 

Back in 2020 - on an Extension of stay based on Non-Imm O (Marriage)... exited via Priority lane through security and Immigration - There is no ‘re-entry permit counter'  in that area - you have to tell the Immigration officer that you want a re-entry permit. 

Hence IF in doubt - always ASK the immigration officer as things are not always the same and things do not always work the way they did for DrJack54 !!!  :whistling:

Now Jack.. take chill pill and pull your neck back in !!! 

I repeat my advice... Sorry if you don’t like that Jack... 

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Not at all.

Not difficult.

Ridiculous. 

It is ridiculous... Its ridiculous that you think things only work in the manner you have experienced them... 

You already point out that at two airports in Bangkok its different. I also point out that its different depending not security lane you go through. 

Is it also different at Phuket, Chiang Mai, Hat Yai and any other airport offering international flights ??

The ONLY sensible advice is to understand that the system may vary so ask at the Immigration counter if you haven’t already seen a re-entry permit counter.....  

Why is that getting you so childishly upset ???

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Not at all.

Not difficult.

Ridiculous.

Which the comment or your annoyed reply 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

it is most definitely possible to get stamped out at suvarnabhumi and then get the re-entry permit.  you don't have to do it first.  if there isn't much of a line for the immigration desks, i go through there first.

i've done it three times in the last 15 months and only waited for the officer to put the stamp in the passport (about 5 minutes).  zero wait at the counter where i paid the 1,200thb.  two of these were mid afternoon and one was around 9pm.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, buick said:

it is most definitely possible to get stamped out at suvarnabhumi and then get the re-entry permit.  you don't have to do it first.  if there isn't much of a line for the immigration desks, i go through there first.

i've done it three times in the last 15 months and only waited for the officer to put the stamp in the passport (about 5 minutes).  zero wait at the counter where i paid the 1,200thb.  two of these were mid afternoon and one was around 9pm.

Very similar to my experience at Suvarnhabumi. I asked at airline check in and immigration processing and was simply instructed to Zone 2, go up the slope against the flow of people entering departure area and then to reentry permit. This has been successful for me 3 times in last 6 weeks.

Just now, animalmagic said:

Very similar to my experience at Suvarnhabumi. I asked at airline check in and immigration processing and was simply instructed to Zone 2, go up the slope against the flow of people entering departure area and then to reentry permit. This has been successful for me 3 times in last 6 weeks.

It was done after passing through immigration control

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Suggest you consider a multiple exit/re-entry permit - save a bit of cash, time and hassle.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 1:11 PM, Caldera said:

If you show up with the form filled in and a picture attached to it, you will be charged the regular fee of 1000 baht.

Where did you get the form in advance?  

I was thinking about getting it in advance to avoid the risk of being late for my flight. Do they require copies of the passport also or they make the copies themselves?

Edited by Robbkk

1 hour ago, Robbkk said:

Where did you get the form in advance?  

I was thinking about getting it in advance to avoid the risk of being late for my flight. Do they require copies of the passport also or they make the copies themselves?

I downloaded the fillable version from the pinned topic here.

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=533895

• Thanks 1