Re-ENTRY permit at Suvarnabhumi Airport

5 hours ago, animalmagic said:

Very similar to my experience at Suvarnhabumi. I asked at airline check in and immigration processing and was simply instructed to Zone 2, go up the slope against the flow of people entering departure area and then to reentry permit. This has been successful for me 3 times in last 6 weeks.

that's right.  i've also done that.  where you are in the departure hall w/o the permit desk.  you actually exit the entire immigration area, walk through the airport, and up the ramp to the hall that has the permit desk.  easily done, no issues.

as i noted, even when i'm in the hall with the permit desk, i will just get stamped out first if the passport stamp out line is short. then go get the permit.  there is no 'law' that says it must be done first.

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Ignore. Bye. 

Loss of face can be tough to handle... 

You usually provide excellent advice...  But, as the varying experiences from contributors to this thread examples, you have been on the wrong side of this one, reacted childishly and made an attack when found to me mistaken - not the usual mature level headed response I’ve previously respected you for. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, WorriedNoodle said:
On 11/21/2022 at 8:00 AM, ezzra said:

Expect to pay 1200 baht for the pleasure and at times, a long wait...

I never expect that. Done it several times this year, paid 1000THB and got pp back in about 3 minutes - 5 minutes max..

Single re-entry is 1000 baht + 200 baht at the airport if they do the paper work and photos for you. 

Multiple re-entry is 3800 baht  + 200 baht at the airport if they do the paper work and photos for you. 

Queue time obviously varies depending on how busy the airport is (how many people need a re-entry permit at that time), as such the timing is difficult to predict (30 mins is usually more than enough).

Some choose to get the re-entry permit from their nearby *Immigration office before going to the airport to avoid a possible delay or even to avoid forgetting to get the re-entry permit. 

*Note: not all provincial immigration offices will issue a re-entry permit.

For example: One poster has already commented that Samui does not issue the re-entry permit (though that could be a misunderstanding or miscommunication / difficult Immi officer etc)

On 11/21/2022 at 11:10 PM, Caldera said:

Not at Suvarnabhumi (what this topic is about). But at Don Mueang, you do get stamped out first. So it's not as unrealistic as it might sound. 

At Don Muang airport (DMK) unless recently changed, the re-entry permit desk shares space in the same office as the overstay desk.  Make sure when entering you tell them you want a Re-Entry Permit, otherwise they assume you are there for overstay and just have you sit and wait.  Usually there are many more waiting for overstay than for re-entry permit.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 6:53 PM, DrJack54 said:

Then along come the posts of using fast track at BKK.

Then being ushered back to reentry permit office. 

Ridiculous. 

Ridiculous it may well seem but it is a reality. If one uses a Fast Track entitlement at BKK but still need a re-entry permit, you will get the 'sideways shuffle' into the plebs Immigration Zone 2. I once had my ear seriously bent by a discomfited Fast Tracker who was obviously in a huge rush to get to the lounge for his pre-flight cocktails and canapes.

• 2 months later...
On 11/21/2022 at 11:44 AM, ubonjoe said:

The re-entry desk in immigration zone 2 is sill open 24 hours a day.

Hello,

About Don Muang? I have never been there and am planning to fly to Laos from that airport next month

Thanks

8 hours ago, daejung said:

About Don Muang? I have never been there and am planning to fly to Laos from that airport next month

Located immediately other side of immigration stamp out.

Good to mention to immigration officer that you are obtaining reentry permit.

He/she may even point that out. 

I prefer to take a pre filled out TM8 with photo attached. 

On 11/23/2022 at 1:36 AM, Caldera said:

I downloaded the fillable version from the pinned topic here.

Thanks for that BUT just one question my immigration office insists on the hand filled being in blue ink - anyone who has used this form know if that applies to the fillable form?

33 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

Thanks for that BUT just one question my immigration office insists on the hand filled being in blue ink - anyone who has used this form know if that applies to the fillable form?

You'd need to tell us which immigration office you use, maybe someone knows. They all make up their own rules. 

At Suvarnabhumi Airport, the printed fillable form was accepted. 

49 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

What's the point.

It's a simple form.

The second side is basically picture and signature.

Not a lot on front side either.

Download the form grab a blue pen and fill it in . 

Edited by DrJack54

i recently departed BKK via fast track and went airside to get to the immigration hall with the re-entry permit.  they now have a sign posted on a support column viewable from the airside ramp going into the hall.  with an arrow pointing to the direction of the office.  it isn't the largest sign but it does imply that getting these after you are stamped out is not a big deal.  despite thoughts to the contrary by some.

if i read these recent posts correctly, at DMK, the permit office is after you get stamped out at DMK.   so getting the permit after stamp out doesn't seem to be an issue.

at BKK, i went through the fast track at TG check in (business class area).  and the guy ahead of me went straight to the re-entry permit office.  i trailed him the whole way from check-in.  so it seems to be fairly common practice for some.

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What's the point.

It's a simple form.

The second side is basically picture and signature.

Not a lot on front side either.

Download the form grab a blue pen and fill it in . 

Gosh you really did get out of the wrong side of the bed today - and you used to be so helpful

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Negita43 said:

Gosh you really did get out of the wrong side of the bed today - and you used to be so helpful

The point is that question comes up over and over.

In reality different immigration offices and officers can decide what they deem the requirements to be.

It's a form with not many fields that would be done (in most cases) once per year.

Hardly significant.

27 minutes ago, Caldera said:

You'd need to tell us which immigration office you use, maybe someone knows. They all make up their own rules. 

At Suvarnabhumi Airport, the printed fillable form was accepted. 

It's Korat as it happens but no worries - I've changed the text color in Adobe (my normal PDF editor wouldn't let me).