New Deposit Regs

Just a thought. If you are going to require everyone to make deposits in person at the bank, perhaps the banks need to add a few more tellers to handle the extra customers. Surely the calculation cannot be that difficult. Number of daily cash deposits at ATM's divided by the number of teller hours needed to process these new deposits. Then add the appropriate number of tellers.

Wait times are a bit long these days.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, kevinsan said:

Just a thought. If you are going to require everyone to make deposits in person at the bank

Your "thought" should have taken into consideration that no one is requiring every depositor to deposit cash in person inside the bank.  Everyone can use CDM if they choose to.

• Like 1

What puzzles me is one day I went to deposit some cash in a bank whose name shall remain anonymous. My passport was at Immigration for a Visa stamp. The teller would not let me deposit, because I did not have the physical passport. A phone photo was no good.

So what did she do? She led me over to the CDM machine, where I dropped in the cash, business done. Oddly, the machine asked no questions and required no documents.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

What puzzles me is one day I went to deposit some cash in a bank whose name shall remain anonymous. My passport was at Immigration for a Visa stamp. The teller would not let me deposit, because I did not have the physical passport. A phone photo was no good.

So what did she do? She led me over to the CDM machine, where I dropped in the cash, business done. Oddly, the machine asked no questions and required no documents.

You could have done that yourself.

On 11/21/2022 at 12:43 PM, Walker88 said:

She led me over to the CDM machine, where I dropped in the cash, business done. Oddly, the machine asked no questions and required no documents.

But, when the machine jammed, did you hear a faint laughing?

Pulling money from an ATM is one thing. Dropping my hard earned money into a slot on a wall has always spooked me (and I'm sure others). I would do it, if required -- but only at my home bank, where I could demand immediate remedy.