Australian Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) is current but wish entry just before expiry. Period of stay says 3 months on entry?

I just started filling out online a new Australian Visitor Visa application (Subclass 600) for my Issan Luv Machine and berger me dead a pop up window came up during application saying a Visa is already valid!! I Follow the au/gov link thingy "Visa Entitlement Verification Online" (VEVO)  and sure enough the entry Visa is still valid.. Problem is the Visa expires 5 days before arrival on a 1 month planned holiday.. So now to save a few $$ on a new application and filling out all the forms with half lies (sshhh) I'm thinking I am reading what I want to hear and not what the valid Visa is saying. So the current Visa from what I am reading between the lines again is saying if she arrives on the last date of Visa she can stay for 3 months extra after the actual Visa expires. The VEVO says "Period of Stay"....03 Months on each arrival...! and "Multiple entries to and from Australia during validity of your Visa"...

Edited by Thaifish

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Whats your question?

Can my Terak enter Australia with Only 5 days remaining on Visa given VIVO is saying 3 months granted on each arrival? We wish to stay for 1 month only. Sorry if I am not clear on my question....

Edited by Thaifish

If you go to the old approval letter that was granting the 3 year visa doesn't it say something along the lines of the fact that the visa holder must be out of the country before the expiry date?

If I were you I would send a copy of that letter/ info via email to the Oz consulate in bkk and ask them for an answer. 

22 minutes ago, jack71 said:

I would send a copy of that letter/ info via email to the Oz consulate in bkk

Thanks.. I have looked at sending them mail but hoping I can get an answer here before I do if I need to.

Edited by Thaifish

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Easy. Get 3 months from arrival date.

That's what I want to hear. Visa is going to expire but if you get into Ozz before it does you get 3 months on arrival...mmm... Easy as you say... Can you send return airfare money to my Bank account in case it's not easy.....! I'm nervous..

2 minutes ago, Thaifish said:

That's what I want to hear. Visa is going to expire but if you get into Ozz before it does you get 3 months on arrival...mmm... Easy as you say... Can you send return airfare money to my Bank account in case it's not easy.....! I'm nervous..

Thats right. Just enter before last date.

Send me 50,000 baht, i send back 25,000.

2 hours ago, Nomadic1460 said:

When you want to enter to Thailand there is a condition about validity of your passport. All you have to do is ring Thai embassy without giving your name and get the answer. 

If it is OK then you have plenty of to apply for a new passport in BKK once you get here.

The OP is asking about the validity of a visa for entry into Australia, not the validity of a passport for entry to Thailand. 

• Like 1

Well berger me again.... got a reply from Foreign Affairs already. So I have the answer. Cut and past e-mail below.

OFFICIAL

Dear xxxxxxx

Thank you for your email, to answer your question, Yes, you can enter Australia before the 18th of February and Yes, you can remain in Australia for up to 3 months from the date of entry.

So if you enter Australia on the 13th of February 2023, you can stay in Australia until 13th of May 2023.

I trust this information helps to clear up any confusion.

Regards,

xxxxxxxxxx