Is it possible to smoke cannibis in a hotel room without trouble? (and if so how)

dia1

I've been in hotels in Pattaya where there are balconies with iron chairs and what have I seen upon one of the chairs? Almost invariable an ash-tray. That's a hint.

Plus, if cannabis smoking was a no-no in hotels here why do I from time to time smell an unmistakable whiff of cannabis in the halls?

I have smoked in bamboohuts to 5 star hotels all over the world(including stoner shooting countries like Singapore) and never had any problems.

I doubt nobody has noticed it, but either they are cool with it or just dont want to cause any trouble because of something like cigarettes.

Just put a wet towel under the door so it is not so obvious. And of course open the windows if you can.

On 11/23/2022 at 9:45 AM, bobbin said:

but a hotel which has a blanket no-smoking policy is discriminating against customers.

What a stupid comment.

Are bars discrimination against their customers? are airports? 

Do you avoid everywhere that discriminates against smokers?

First, stay away from the super paranoia inducing strains. I'm noticing some of that may have snuck into your stash already.

Next thing to do is hide in the hotel bathroom, with the fan on and a wet towel under door. Now turn on the shower until it makes a lot of steam, and stand on the toilet trying to blow as much of the smoke as possible directly into the fan. Always pack a travel size Ozium in your toiletries. Sneak out of the bathroom door as quickly as possible moving the wet towel to the room side of the door.

Most hotel AC remotes have a fan setting for "High" which is exactly what you want. Don't freak out when you hear a knock at the door. You probably forgot that you ordered munchies in advance ????  

• Haha 2

On 11/27/2022 at 2:08 PM, digbeth said:

many hotels now has smoked in room cleaning fee now, so ask upon booking if they have smoking rooms available, i'm sure there are still seedy hotels that has smoking room with tar stained walls and curtain, the typical cleaning fee for smoking in the room is 3-6,000 baht, for that difference you could've booked a hotel with balcony 

Balcony? You mean a 10g bag under my pillow

• 4 weeks later...

You'll get grassed by the maid. Even if you toss her a 50 baht note a day. 

A lot of Thai people hate pot. If they smell it, they'll rat you out too. If paying above a thousand baht room rate, Thai people have no tolerance for Farang aroma's (they already think we stink anyway).

I got caught out. The front desk asked me about unspecified "smoking". I blamed my wife and promised not to do it again.

I just booked a hotel for a pot degenerate friend (lives in Japan, hasn't smoked pot in a decade). I booked a place with a discrete alley next to it. I went over to inspect it -plenty of blunt ends in that ally (in Nimman, Chiang Mai).

On 11/23/2022 at 10:13 AM, marin said:

Yes it is illegal in many hotels. Especially those that are fully airconditioned. As I said its up to you. 

It isnt illegal. Hotels have smoking and nonsmoking rooms.