Chinese man arrested for allegedly stealing jobs from Thais by operating hairdresser’s shop in Pattaya

webfact

2 hours ago, gt162 said:

I saw a British Farang working as waiter at Beefeaters restaurant in Pattaya. I wonder if he's going to get arrested as well?

They can most certainly employ foreigners as servers nowadays, loads of them from adjoining countries. Not sure if there are restrictions preventing a Brit being one other than dismal pay. 

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

Yes they want a job if it is paid more than 25.000 THB a month .. Try to find somebody for a small issue to solve at home.. they won't come at all, as a few hours or a day is not paying enough..even if you offer them 1.000 THB a day to solve the problem, as i did many times.. 

Maybe that means they're becoming middle class and not willing to waste their valuable time on trivial things. Many trades people in the US have a minimum cost to come to your house, even if they do nothing.

On the other hand it seems many Thais aren't motivated by money as they already own transportation and have free housing. I don't blame them myself but it is annoying if you need some help but then maybe I should be blaming myself for being lazy. ????

• Like 2