Pattaya police crack down on alleged transgender sex workers

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya — Pattaya police inspected Beach Road last night, November 22nd, and took dozens of suspected transgender sex workers to the police station for identity recording in order to prevent potential crimes during the tourism high season.

Why, they have done this before and it obviously prevented sweet FA! For the short time they were detained at the police station, crime was prevented, work with that idea.  

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

BTW, do the police also round up and record the identities of female sex workers or is this just profiling potential criminals based on their birth gender?

What's a birth gender?

It's some time ago that I was in Pattaya, but I remember from many previous visits that the lady-boys (I didn't check if they had an operation or not) were the most aggressive on the streets.

I.e. I could walk through walking street and probably I saw thousands of female sex workers. Some quiet and some "come inside sexy man" or something like that.

And then there were the lady-boys. Best not to come too near to them and make sure your wallet is deep in your pocket.

I don't know why lady-boys are a huge annoyance and so aggressive. Fact is, they are. It's not a bad idea if the police explain to them to calm down. 

5 hours ago, kotsak said:

Clear as mud as usual.. So the non-transgender trollops are legal?

They should be left alone because many people are in search of their future brides for their "wife visa" and bonnie living at age sixty or seventy. Of course most people will visit brothels fronting as bars for that but some may be so undesirables that they need to resort to beach road hos. 

Edited by Onerak

8 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

BTW, do the police also round up and record the identities of female sex workers or is this just profiling potential criminals based on their birth gender?

Considering the disproportionally large number of crimes committed by ladyboys in proportion to their population in Pattaya, and the fact they've gotten more bold/shameless about it lately - some profiling it actually warranted. Seems like they just stopped them for questioning and identification rather than arrest them, so no harm done and hopefully may make some of them think twice before robbing another tourist, at least in the near future. Gotta love the "allegedly" part in the title, though, as if there was a doubt.

13 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Considering the disproportionally large number of crimes committed by ladyboys in proportion to their population in Pattaya, and the fact they've gotten more bold/shameless about it lately - some profiling it actually warranted. Seems like they just stopped them for questioning and identification rather than arrest them, so no harm done and hopefully may make some of them think twice before robbing another tourist, at least in the near future. Gotta love the "allegedly" part in the title, though, as if there was a doubt.

And in parts of America, the disproportionately large number of crimes are committed by Black Americans.

Considering that in these areas there will also be a large number of black Americans who are honest law abiding citizens just trying to get on with their lives, do you feel that some profiling against all black Americans in these areas is also warranted?

Good, hope they purge all those trangenders. They're a big pest, always grabbing at you when you past them and making stupid sounds trying to get your attention. Sounds like they're mentally retarded with those sounds they make.

Edited by bbi1
  • Thumbs Up 1

They crack down on transgender sex workers. But there are countless other sex workers on the Beach Road. Why not take action against them too? I can't hear anymore "Hello sexy man, where you go?" or "I'll come with you" or whatever.  But anyway - they have turned Central Pattaya into a massive red light district and it gets bigger and bigger. It's best to avoid it entirely unless you're not a sex tourist.

6 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

I always wonder what these volunteer farang rogue action heroes are doing with the Thai Police Corps?
A uniform fetish perhaps? Or being bullied at school?... 555+++

Some are being quite helpful... most of the time getting involved when language becomes a barrier. 

13 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

And in parts of America, the disproportionately large number of crimes are committed by Black Americans.

I knew someone would bring that up - it's not the same thing. Walking street and Beach road don't have a large community of innocent ladyboys just standing around. In 99% of cases a ladyboy standing around those areas is looking for customers or other trouble. This isn't profiling because of their gender - it's profiling because of what they're doing.

5 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

I knew someone would bring that up - it's not the same thing. Walking street and Beach road don't have a large community of innocent ladyboys just standing around. In 99% of cases a ladyboy standing around those areas is looking for customers or other trouble. This isn't profiling because of their gender - it's profiling because of what they're doing.

What a load of tosh, profiling us profiling, full stop.

Are you suggesting that all ladyboys are criminals?

The innocents don't deserve their rights to be treated by the same laws as everyone else?

First they came for the ladyboys............................ :shock1: :sad:

Edited by Bert got kinky

1 hour ago, Bert got kinky said:

What a load of tosh, profiling us profiling, full stop.

Are you suggesting that all ladyboys are criminals?

The innocents don't deserve their rights to be treated by the same laws as everyone else?

First they came for the ladyboys............................ :shock1: :sad:

Did he say all of them are criminals...no. Perhaps the ones standing around soliciting are..... 

One might say , well the females doing the same should be included, fine by me. The issue has to be addressed. 

Edited by jacko45k

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Did he say all of them are criminals...no. Perhaps the ones standing around soliciting are..... 

One might say , well the females doing the same should be included, fine by me. The issue has to be addressed. 

One might say , well the females doing the same should be included

And that's my point exactly, If all are not treated by the same rules, that is profiling.

So as more farangs break the law in Pattaya than in Nakhon Nowhere, let's round up all farangs in Pattaya, whether they are law abiding citizens or not.

5 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

And that's my point exactly, If all are not treated by the same rules, that is profiling.

Profiling actually works, it is a well studied police process..... the argument is whether it should be used in crime prevention or solving only. Anything that makes crime less likely to impact me I could support. 

I do not go along with your idea that all firangis in Pattaya should be rounded up as the number of tourists involved in crime is still very small... comparing it to Nakhon Nowhere is a nonsense, Pattaya is a tourist town. There is another group that hang around certain areas off Sukhumvit in Bangkok... take them off the streets I say, deter them. 

• 4 weeks later...

Is it true that male tourists have been drugged and raped by ladyboys? In the mid-2010s, I heard that happened to an attractive young Englishman during his holiday to Thailand. He was quite traumatised and ashamed. I don't remember any more details. 

We always hear about druggings, beatings and robberies by LBs and LB gangs, but not so much the rapes. I can understand if it were a p4p situation and the LB became aroused, things could get out of hand. 

I get it, it's partly the young man's fault for being naive / playing with fire. 

Just amazes me that no one seems to talk about that risk in general.

Anyone else heard similar stories? 

• Haha 1