Monks do bad things too !

Social Media

We never hear about the good things & influences that take place on a daily basis....

But car jacking, stabbing, drugged, fighting, drunk monks go right to the top of the leader board....

In a world of "woke" social media, finger pointers rule /// With or without substantiation.....

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

festival with bands and let people get drunk etc,

This part always make me shake my head… why? If you live in a village you’ll understand… I don’t 

know if they do the same in cities

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

People regardless of their frock, uniform, suit, skirt or gender are always capable of doing unmanageable things, that we wouldn't do.

In other words it takes all kinds and when I moved here some time ago, I asked my wife why she didn't feed the monks like the other villagers, to which she replied, they have hands and feet, they are not disabled, but always asking for money to have festival with bands and let people get drunk etc, what does that have to do with Buddhism, to which I replied, ah, ok Tiruk ????

your wife is a wise, wise person..i applaud her and her ability to explain it in a sensible way.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Are times changing or is it that we just have greater publicity because of Social Media these days ?"

Option B, I think. The Saffron Mafia has always been a den of vices. No better than any other man-made cult.

The idea is great in principal, but cannot survive the human factor.....