Licence

sd44

I attempted to renew my driver's license back in August and it was not done then.  I was advised that I needed to provide the following as per the handwritten text from the personnel at the driver's license center east of Bangkok:

Passport + visa + certificate of residence from the embassy or immigration + medical certificate

Or:

Pink card  + yellow book + medical certificate

And I was advised to do online training at https://www.dlt-elearning.com/forignerhome.  Once you have completed that training session, you would need to print the QR code and bring it with you or do it on your mobile phone and log in to that site and show the QR code. 

And I was issued with an appointment for November 1, 2022 on that day back in August.

I suspect if the OP has none of the above, he will be advised to provide the documentation as noted above and an appointment date will likely be issued. 

• Like 1

I did get a residence certificate easily at udon Thani immigration last time, and a doctors note. I wasn't sure about the visa. Vaguely remember the lady checking through my passport pages but maybe she was looking for the photo page. 

Im in the process of a 5 year; ,res cert ,medical cert copy of 1st page passport and visa page..In bangkok ,big delays .at least 3 weeks .There is a DLT app which will speed things up on the day.DLT e-learning .It takes about 1 1/2 hours and replaces the video..Used to be easy! Make a appointment.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, swoods58 said:

If you are getting both car and motorcycle licences do you need 2 certificates of residence, specifically for Hua Hin?

I think you do need a certificate for each licence (i.e. 2x original certificates)... that said...  Before I had the Pink when I renewed my DL and MC licence I used a ‘colour photocopy’ of the Affirmation of Address document from immigration...   the DLT didn’t notice one was a photocopy. 

(I didn’t want to pay 2x for the document at the Embassy).

7 hours ago, swoods58 said:

If you are getting both car and motorcycle licences do you need 2 certificates of residence, specifically for Hua Hin?

It might of course vary, as always in Thailand, but in my experience (not Hua Hin) one original + one copy is ok.

Edited by FriendlyFarang

On 11/24/2022 at 6:21 PM, metisdead said:

I attempted to renew my driver's license back in August and it was not done then.  I was advised that I needed to provide the following as per the handwritten text from the personnel at the driver's license center east of Bangkok:

Passport + visa + certificate of residence from the embassy or immigration + medical certificate

Or:

Pink card  + yellow book + medical certificate

And I was advised to do online training at https://www.dlt-elearning.com/forignerhome.  Once you have completed that training session, you would need to print the QR code and bring it with you or do it on your mobile phone and log in to that site and show the QR code. 

And I was issued with an appointment for November 1, 2022 on that day back in August.

I suspect if the OP has none of the above, he will be advised to provide the documentation as noted above and an appointment date will likely be issued. 

great but when i open it says 

Renew thai  license
where do l i go to get for a NEW motorcycle one