Premium-quality gaming mouse pads

WaveHunter

I need some feedback on what gamers are looking for in premium-quality mouse pads.  I am not a gamer.  I am a professional photo retoucher and for years I searched for the "perfect" mousepad for retouching.  Though I use a tablet for some retouching, a precision mouse is preferred like when working on a pixel by pixel level.

The problem is that a precision mouse is only as good as the surface it slides over.  Many of the premium mouse pads, even ones priced over 3,000 THB may be outstanding when brand new, but they quickly degrade in how they glide within a month or two if used all day long. 

I've tried all of the premium brands like Artisans from Japan, Razer, SteelSeries.  I've tried cloth, aluminum, composite, glass, you name it, and they all had serious flaws in terms of durability and glide characteristics...So, I designed my own, and it is and has remained perfect now for over one year!

I only intended it for my own use but it is so perfect, I'm looking into the possibility of manufacturing them, and the most likely market seems to be serious gamers that are into the Low-DPI type games that require ultra fast but highly controllable movements, just like what I require for retouching.

What I don't know is exactly what they consider to be ideal in terms of static vs dynamic friction, the optimal size of the mousepad, what is a reasonable price point for purchase, etc.

What I've produced has BOTH low static friction for fast glides from a resting state, but high enough dynamic (kinetic) friction so it remains controllable and has precise stopping ability. 

Because the surface is perfectly smooth (no texture at all) and is a hard aluminum pad that has been manufactured in a way to be almost as hard as diamond, the surface never wears, can not be scratched under regular use, and that means that glide characteristics remain exactly the same over time.  That equates to allowing excellent muscle memory, which means I get work done far faster than I ever did before.  For gamers, it would mean vastly improved aiming success I think.

Anyway, I just would like an opportunity to chat with seasoned gamers to learn what they look for in using mouses and pads.  I would love to hear from anyone who takes gaming seriously enough that they have strong opinions about mouses and mouse pads.

Edited by WaveHunter