Thai and Dutch tourists robbed of valuables at Pattaya hotel

webfact

20 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

If he knew Ae the woman, she probably left the room with the door open when he went into the shower and signaled them to come in (or possibly just left it open, but not as likely because in person purse snatching is very rare in Thailand, especially in an enclosed space and not via motorbike).

The article said he knew her and he yelled for her and she was in the hall outside the room. That means she was around when he went into the shower.

The police should check her cell phone for recent calls.

You say that the article said that he knew her? and yelled for her? and was in the hall outside the room? I am guessing that you misread the article. If that isn't the case, then you must have read a different article than the one posted. None of those three things you mentioned are in the article and actually quite the opposite things are written. There is nothing in the article to make one believe he knew her. He didn't yell for her, according to the article. It said that she was the one doing the yelling, not him. And she wasn't yelling to him, she was yelling for help because she was just robbed by the purse snatching punks. There doesn't appear to be any hall outside the room according to pics with the article and it mentioned that he saw them turning around an outside corner - nothing about a hall.
You also mentioned about purse snatching. You didn't seem to think that they snatched her purse from a motorbike, yet that is exactly what the article says they did. ????
You may want to read the article again, more closely.... or just read the relevant parts that I copied below.

"The Dutch victim then came out after finishing bathing to find his cash missing and signs of someone having entered his room. He said he saw the suspects turning around a outside corner, so he ran after them and heard a call for help from Ae. The suspects were able to get away on a motorbike, according to Mr. Christian.

Ae, a Thai female victim, told police she saw two skinny male suspects standing about 170 cm and 160 cm aged 20-30 years old running past her. She said she did not raise her guard, thinking the suspects were only the hotel’s guests until the suspects hopped on their motorbike, turned back, and snatched a purse from her before escaping." (bolded emphases mine)

Edited by Sig
accidentally posted before I was finished.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thairookie said:

Doesn't the hotel have CCTV ?  It will show who entered the room.  If nobody entered the room, then it's clear that the Thai g/f took it.????

i agree 100%..who else then AE steel the money..her bf i guess 

6 hours ago, sfbandung said:

Would it have been too much for him to put a shirt on? Or did they steal that too?

Some tourists think the whole of Thailand is a giant whorehouse. So the right question is: what is he wearing pants for?

Edited by NatureFilm
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's never enough just to lock the door. Use the chain as well.

Hmm beginning to wonder what type of dumps you are staying in with these comments today lol. But a locked door and leaving some things/$ around to take a seven minute shower in a 4/5* hotel ( or 3) is still pretty safe here. Just sayin. Also most modern 4/5 star hotels do NOT have a chain on them. Many  Motels still do. I'm in one now in thailand just extra bolt lock. Same in my Istanbul hotel last week. 

Edited by alex8912

5 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

I lost 4,000 baht in a bar once.

I think I drank it but I can't remember.

No streudel consumed.

Much Levenslied performed.????????

I tried exactly the same! Maybe it was the same bar ????

• Haha 1

Ok, I'm going to solve this.

clues:

1. 4am.

2. Shower takes 5 minutes.

3. Two slim young local males seen leaving the hotel in a hurry.

4. Somehow they had a crystal ball to know that the guest had left 4,000 baht on a table for that exact 5 minutes.

5. Guest is not wealthy as 4,000 baht triggered him to call the police. Or he was very angry for some reason.

sorry, the dog ate my notes and I can't remember what my conclusion was...

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you believe that an hotel room in Thailand is a secure place, I have a bridge for sale.

Can't remember how many news items I've seen about stuff being robbed from hotel rooms, but it's been a lot.

I'll refresh your mind. You will remember them all from this forum!!  ????

6 hours ago, Thomas KH said:

Hmmm... I sense a scenario where A (the aforesaid female) conspired with a certain B to make it seem like an unknown C (who happens to be B) took the said valuables. 

I'll take the shameless liberty of presuming that A may have intentionally left the door unlocked or even slightly ajar so that, perhaps after SMS-ing B that she and falang are about to have that post-coitus shower, B can zero in on the stash. Seems like the "thief" knew exactly where to zero in and was most likely briefed in advance.

The thief knew that the Flying Dutchman was having a shower and for him to enter the room at the exact right moment, someone in the room must have told him what was happening behind closed doors. Inside job.  

Hmmmm it already sounds like inspector cluso is on the case ????????????

Hi guys.

All the hotels around the world I have used have locks that automatically lock the door when one shuts it. These also allow for a dead lock.

Are there hotels where one has to physically lock the door with a key, or are they bottom end establishments.?

13 hours ago, Sig said:

Yes, of course. You are right. I guess I would consider that as obvious and a part of "locking the door" and going without saying.

Did you know that chains can be detached with the use of a rubber band?

1. Open door but has chain stopping you going in.

2. Attach rubber band between chain and door handle using the gap between door and frame.

3. Close door and let rubber band do its thing.

4. Open door again. Look! No chain.

Sometimes you may need duct tape.

Sometimes a long length of knotted cord will do the trick.

The solid latching types are also easily defeated.

There are plenty of YouTube videos that show you how.

20 hours ago, Nicholas Paul KNIGHT said:

Whatever and however it happens, sorry only an IDIOT leaves CASH out in the open !!!!!!

Get real... who  doesn't chuck their wallet onto the table when they go get a shower in a hotel room (alone). Presuming the door locks automatically....I do actually check the balcony windows and door are locked as they are often left unlocked... whatever floor I am on. 

23 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I think the same... Normally things like this happen if you invite an "entertainer" to your room. It is highly unlikely that a thief enters an occupied room and has the luck to find cash on the table. And at the same time the owner is taking a shower and doesn't realise what happens. 

It doesn't need much of a brain to solve this obvious theft.

• Like 1