Another farang gets run over on zebra crossing

scubascuba3

Looks like a hit and run too, with  no attemp to slow down, or stop..

So where are  the Police  with their  Crackdown  on Pedestrian crossing violators, Thousands of Baht fines,  Jail sentences ??........ another load  of  B.S  from them,    ....No backhanders  in saving lives

3 minutes ago, actonion said:

Looks like a hit and run too, with  no attemp to slow down, or stop..

So where are  the Police  with their  Crackdown  on Pedestrian crossing violators, Thousands of Baht fines,  Jail sentences ??........ another load  of  B.S  from them,    ....No backhanders  in saving lives

If they put a camera there that takes pictures of the red light violators they could make a lot of money and the drivers will learn their lesson. It is that simple. Works in other countries. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

That crossing is deadly because people are going 60kph and don't want to stop. You can't just walk out though in Thailand, must ensure traffic has stopped

Maybe the authorities will respond and install speed bumps either side of the crosswalk.

Then again, maybe they won't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

One thing I do not understand when looking at the video. The Gentleman appears to be looking directly at the oncoming traffic when he steps out. It is clear the car is going far too fast to stop in the distance. Seems almost like a suicide mission, unless he is not capable of judging distance and speed.

I hope he is ok and recovers quickly.

Yeah i think he just decided that traffic is meant to stop so I'll walk out, that's a deathwish attitude, maybe he's a tourist and doesn't understand how it works here

It's that Asian spatial awareness deficit. Local drivers seem to be unaware of peripheral vision or things in the near-field when they're clipping along, focused on the far-distance.

I had to bang on the bonnet of car to get the drivers attention when he was inching forward at some broken traffic lights, looking for that gap to change lanes into while I was threading my way across three lanes of gridlock. I got that stunned "Where did you come from?" look. I was there all the time, looking right at him.

• Like 1

A four lane racetrack through housing areas.

What can go wrong?

60 km/h as mentioned above? Haha, the fun starts at 120. Some big bikers made it to 200 or so.

Their body parts where hard to find. Where is the head?

They should tear down the useless crosswalks. Put warning signs for pedestrians every 100m.

Signs with a skull.