Video: "British" man mown down on Pattaya zebra crossing - multiple injuries, will report to police today

webfact

48 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

The problem here is is the increasing number of vehicle owners who spray paint their license plates white, in order to avoid detection by camera's. It's a prolific and obvious problem that nobody seems to care about, some of the abuse is so blatant with owners saying the black paint peeled off, not that the plate was painted white...horse poo..

Yes I was getting my Forza taxed and tested last week and a chap brought in a Honda Wave and he was getting black paint put on his numbers.  I hope he got a bill for this.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

There is no mention in the OP that the lights were red. If you are familiar with that particular crossing, the lights are usually not even turned on. I live just around the corner, they are regularly turned off for months at a time.

Now we know where he lives, let's all go round and surprise Peter, but don't tell him.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Indeed, but observing the other pedestrian (crossing from the opposite side) and the other vehicles travelling alongside the pickup it's reasonably easy to conclude that the lights were actually active, and that they had just turned green for pedestrians.

Yes, you are most likely correct, but the crossing is quiet an odd set up. As I said previously, the lights are turned off a lot of the time, when it is turned on there is no pedestrian call button (press and wait to change), so how/when the lights go red appears to be on some sort of random timer, not in response to pedestrians wanting to cross. 

So a drive up to get the milk, all of a sudden there is a red light where there hasn't been one for 3 months, and there is a red light with no pedestrians anywhere.