Japan is the number one destination for Thais

webfact

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Really?

What Japanese history lessons leave out

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21226068

Japan's struggle with history
As the nation marks the 72nd anniversary of its surrender at the end of World War II, there are still many here who insist that Japan acted honorably throughout the conflict. Julian Ryall reports from Tokyo.

https://www.dw.com/en/japans-nationalist-school-books-teach-a-different-view-of-history/a-40092325

Yes, really. 

Your very biased reports are nearly 10 years old in the case of the BBC, relying on a reporter who left Japan in the 90s.   I can tell you what I saw from years of actually teaching in schools here, plus the materials my son used as he went through the system from elementary school to university.  The materials ARE presented in a very rote way that lends to easy memorization rather than discussion, but that is the same in virtually every subject taught here.  Fifteen year old kids don't engage in long debates about the causes of World War 2 any more than they do in other countries.  

And yes, I can actually read Japanese well enough to understand the material.

1.3 million

A report from Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) said that of the 31 million foreign visitors to Japan in 2019, 1.3 million are Thai, accounting for 4.1% of visitors, while Thailand is ranked sixth among the most travellers to Japan, behind South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and the United States.Nov 23, 2565 BE

58 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Just finished a holiday there, yes there were quite a few thais in line at customs.  

Japan is very very expensive.  I don't think that Thais are as poor as everyone seems to think they are.  Well, the rich ones that is. ????

Is Japan really that expensive ??? - I don’t think its crazy expensive, or very very expensive. 

Its as affordable as decent resort in Thailand (i.e. SoSofite / Marriott etc...)

3 nights in Ginza - ¥56,700 / 14,700 Baht - not so expensive, thats a pretty average hotel though. 

Comparing like for like - Marriott in BKK is 7,600 Baht per night / Tokyo is 7,500 baht for the same nights.

A Ski resort hotel is 42,000 baht for 7 nights (pretty average lodgings).

Food is also reasonable...  beer too... 

Of course, not as cheap as street food and you can’t find 500 baht a night rooms above a go-go bar (or at least I don’t think so)... but its not crazy expensive. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Is Japan really that expensive ??? - I don’t think its crazy expensive, or very very expensive. 

Its as affordable as decent resort in Thailand (i.e. SoSofite / Marriott etc...)

3 nights in Ginza - ¥56,700 / 14,700 Baht - not so expensive, thats a pretty average hotel though. 

Comparing like for like - Marriott in BKK is 7,600 Baht per night / Tokyo is 7,500 baht for the same nights.

A Ski resort hotel is 42,000 baht for 7 nights (pretty average lodgings).

Food is also reasonable...  beer too... 

Of course, not as cheap as street food and you can’t find 500 baht a night rooms above a go-go bar (or at least I don’t think so)... but its not crazy expensive. 

Food is far more expensive in Japan, as is transportation etc.  Tourism is certainly picking up.

Guess it's where you like to stay.  I like to rent an air b and b and stay a few months.  ????