Has anyone applied for a Tourist Visa at the Thai embassy in Hanoi?

Hi, i'm a Brit and in Hanoi now as my 45 day permission to stay expired, here to get a tourist visa

I tried to get an evisa online but for some strange reason the form was asking me to supply proof of my hotel booking with the hotel owner's ID. I can supply the booking of course but that doesn't seem to be enough. Very strange as i've only had one entry in the past two years. I've never been asked that before. I'm thinking it would be easier to apply directly at the embassy with all the docs. Do they still issue them in person at the embassy?

Thanks for any help 

I applied in Hanoi with no major issues. You need to show a flight booking into and out of Thailand.

The fee is payable in USD. Finding anywhere to change money in Hanoi is extremely difficult; make sure you change up some notes before you leave.

Just now, JayClay said:

How long are you planning to stay for? You can extend for 30 days at immigration.

If this is your first visa exempt entry you should be fine doing a border bounce; no need for an actual tourist visa unless you want the extra 15 days.

Thanks for the answer. I'm in Hanoi now. I didn't want to extend i wanted to get a visa for 60 days. My problem with the online application happened before i entered Thailand on my last 45 day exempt

2 minutes ago, JayClay said:

I applied in Hanoi with no major issues. You need to show a flight booking into and out of Thailand.

The fee is payable in USD. Finding anywhere to change money in Hanoi is extremely difficult; make sure you change up some notes before you leave.

Thanks for the reply

11 hours ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

I'm in Hanoi now

Sorry I missed this part of the OP.

So once you have all the documentation the process is simple enough; go in the morning, submit your documents and come back to collect the next afternoon.

When I went there were no queues - straight in and out.

14 hours ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

I tried to get an evisa online but for some strange reason the form was asking me to supply proof of my hotel booking with the hotel owner's ID.

Hanoi does not use the e visa site. You will need to do it in person.