Point system to curb traffic violations to be enforced from January 9th

snoop1130

Point Deduction on Bad Drivers to Start on Jan 9

1669876377_279564-tnamcot-768x513.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 1 (TNA) – Point deduction will start on Jan 9 next year on the drivers who violate traffic rules, said the national police chief.

Pol Gen Damrongsak Kittiprapas, the national police chief, said each licensed driver would have 12 points. Point deduction will happen in two forms.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1068433

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-12-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

If they are using CCTV evidence, how will they know who was driving the car? My wife drives my car. Her brother dives her car. My maid owns a pick-up and she doesn’t drive at all but her son in law drives it. And what about company owned vehicles?

A lot of people are going to say they lent the car to someone called Jiap who lives somewhere up country and they never knew his real name.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 2

I thought it was three months from September. That means starting from yesterday. In any case, the traffic laws and their enforcers get another 5 weeks holiday from doing their job.

The whole thing is a joke (but I am not laughing). Points will only be deducted if one has a licence and if they are caught. 

The 365 dangerous days is the default position. 

Edited by ChrisKC
Typo

16 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

If they are using CCTV evidence, how will they know who was driving the car? My wife drives my car. Her brother dives her car. My maid owns a pick-up and she doesn’t drive at all but her son in law drives it. And what about company owned vehicles?

A lot of people are going to say they lent the car to someone called Jiap who lives somewhere up country and they never knew his real name.

The vehicle owner is responsible for all infringements in such cases.... although I have no issue wrt fines in that case, it is unfair in the case of penalty points... ie only direct convictions. A pity, will never happen as police would have to work harder. 

Edited by jacko45k

5 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

3 points for DUI. Great! I can get busted 3 times in 12 months driving on the turps before losing my ticket. What a time to be alive 

Plus they say once you have been done for an offence,  you can't be done for that offence again that day!!

How can that be so?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol Gen Damrongsak Kittiprapas, the national police chief, said each licensed driver would have 12 points.

There we have it straight from the top.................This only applies to people with a licence......

• Like 1