Motor Expo 2022 Expected To Result In 37,000 Buy Orders For Cars

snoop1130

4eaea824ce4fbe046460e1a3a4b4bf5e_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Automobile enthusiasts now have a destination they can add to their itinerary for December. Motor Expo 2022 has commenced, with this year’s highlight being EV offers from many firms.

The electric vehicles unveiling and offers are in line with this year’s Motor Expo theme of "It’s TIME…Come Touch the FUTURE". 35 automakers from 10 countries and 17 motorcycle producers from 8 countries are participating in the expo. Electric vehicles (EVs) on offer this year have had their range improved. As many as 15 new models are being launched at the expo.

One of the highlights at the expo is Audi’s “e-Rickshaw”, resembling the familiar Tuk Tuk taxi found in Thailand. The vehicle is powered by batteries that have seen prior use in Audi e-tron EVs. The chassis and frame were taken from a Tuk Tuk that has seen 30 years of service in Thailand.

Organizers expect the expo will result in about 37,000 buy orders for cars and 5,000 orders for motorcycles. This would be a 15-20% growth from last year’s sales figure. 45 to 50 billion baht of circulation is expected at the expo. This would further rejuvenate the Thai automotive industry, which is already experiencing a substantial rise in manufacturing output due to the availability of microchips.

Motor Expo 2022 is open to the public from December 1 to 12. It is being held at Challenger Hall in Impact exhibition and convention center, Mueang Thong Thani.

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG221201092643045

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-12-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

Yes I have just purchased a repossessed vehicle 3 months old 250,000 baht less than the original purchase price it’s a hybrid in red plate condition no need to buy a new car just look around there are bargains to be had 

I remember a long time ago when I visited regularly, in the early nineties actually. i used to wonder how there were so many young women driving around in high end cars...Mercs, Beemers, etc. then I found out. They would go to a garage, put a deposit down, and drive away, but never make any payments. When it was repossessed they would move onto another garage. This was before computerisation, etc. Since then I believe they have a credit rating rating system now, with a red flag for bad debtors. Still, I bet it was good while it lasted, and the car auctions were awash with these cars.

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Still, I bet it was good while it lasted, and the car auctions were awash with these cars.

Knew  a falang who, with the help of his Thai wife, made a good business out of buying from auction and selling on.....

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/2/2022 at 9:06 AM, crazykopite said:

Yes I have just purchased a repossessed vehicle 3 months old 250,000 baht less than the original purchase price it’s a hybrid in red plate condition no need to buy a new car just look around there are bargains to be had 

That would mean they repossessed after only max of 2 months non payment? Seems precipitous?

May I ask where you purchased it from - the original dealer/bank .?