Social media goes ballistic as small kids pictured smoking marijuana in a bamboo bong at Pattaya beach

webfact

2 hours ago, Accidental Tourist said:

Cannabis is a DRUG and should be controllet...

During my career, Cannabis provided me with well paid employment in the UK Police Forensic Service, analyzing samples and preparing reports for prosecutions in Criminal Courts!! I am now retired with a non-contributory,  index linked pension based on final salary - thank you marijuana!!

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

2 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

Not good but meanwhile back in the UK the kids are running wild with knives 

Always at least one who has to make stupid comparisons with other countries thinking it somehow justifies what is happening in Thailand. The thread is about preteens allegedly smoking pot in Thailand and not about kids in the UK with knives - stay on topic.

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

"gone ballistic" really? and i'm shocked that you're shocked... like young kids don't do drugs in Thailand and specially those street's urchins...

Racist comment. Those "street urchins" as you call them didn't choose to be born into poverty.

7 hours ago, terryq said:

On the positive side.....

The parents should be congratulated for teaching their children to use renewable materials , the bamboo bong, instead of plastic.!

The ones you buy in the shop are glass. I know someone who made me a bamboo bong when they first started allowing it. 

Apparently the kids are Cambodian kids with no parents who ran away from the home. They are a lost cause already, bad parents who dont care and Thai authorities, legalising cannabis without any due care as to what the effect of this decision would have in the real world. I am all for legalising the drug but for heavens sake lets take back some control. Even in liberal countries like the Netherlands you cannot openly deal and sell the drug like it is over here now.

5 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Well, that's what happens when weed is available everywhere, being sold every 50m from the next seller.

Sickening  to see this story.

While checking out Patong videos on YT , I noticed many stalls with Cannabis signs ! 

It boggles the  mind !

Edited by riclag

Speaking as a thirty year practicing Masters degreed psychotherapist ...

... There is longterm gathered and collated  data from across the globe (from many different medical, neurological, and front line social and drug support agencies, both - lay and professional workers) which show a causal link between early life marijuana use and onset of serious psychotic illness.

This is especially the case with hydroponically grown high THC strains of weed.

I'm not against people getting high but children now way.

If I could smoke again as I did when I was young but without the paranoia that comes for me I would smoke it today lol ???? So I aint' no prude or control-freak about others indulging.

Society and the extension of societal norms and wishes i.e. our governments, need to step up about keeping children's young developing brains from any form of intoxication. Sadly many in our society simply abrogate themselves of the sacred responsibility of caring and nurturing the children. If you're one of those parents who buys your kids alcohol then stop!

I am not bashing Thailand, because many and most nations have <deleted> understanding and practises of what is actually going on as far as care of children is concerned, around drugs and most other developmental and life-long challenges .... despite all the rhetoric, edicts, rules, and legislations. 

No doubt what we have seen with this to-and-fro here in LOS about ganja gives us further indications of people who are either totally ignorant and thus shouldn't be speaking at all on the subject, who are being advised by, maybe very well educated people in some ways 'experts' who are dumb-as-rocks (disconnected and in their cognitive bio-psychiatric heads) when it comes to the relational and emotional issues of child drug care. 

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Like 2