Health minister challenged over young boys seen smoking weed in Pattaya

webfact

Its like listening to three year olds arguing back and forth. "Nuh uh Anuuuutin! You did thaaaaat.

You made those boys smoke ganja! I'm gonna tell Prayuth on you!

Dey wez sittin ovo dair-oh not doin anyfing, but you was telling about ganja, alot

so they think you want them to do like that, uh huh! I'm a go tell right now!"

"I did not! You crazy! I'm a be the prime minister one day and kick your butt!"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In several countries poor kids are also sniffing glue. It are the parents that have to take care and educate them and contol them if hey smoke or do other things. It is also the duty of the Government to prevent use of drugs by young people. But both parties fail in Thailand...

• Thanks 1

I'd be asking this MP what he has/is doing about the yaba problem that is plaguing youth society, or underage drinking that has been featured by the numerous arrests made during nightclub raids.   How about smoking cigarettes by our youth?  Just going for cheap brownie points.  Another upstanding politician indeed.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

No one says a thing about kids smoking cigarettes or riding four up on a motorbike.

For the record, I know many Thai adults who speak out against all of those things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

So you don't think that availability of a drug is a factor in prevalence of usage?

By this comment you are not understanding that especially when you are pre teen/young. Most of these  kids don't know what is even CONSIDERED legal or not. Opium , cocaine , yabaa, Tina,  ecstasy are not less available here than even alcohol!  For most pre teens alcohol is the hardest to get and even do in public.  In inner cities and rural areas as well in North America , Europe etc alcohol is also harder to get. Other drugs readily available. So that is why I think your thinking is def in a " bubble mentality " many find drugs to shoot up easier to get.  By your thinking alcohol is easy to get.  Yes if over 20 it's very accessible. Under 20 harder to get but available. 

Edited by alex8912
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, animatic said:

The whole thing screamed Set-up / False flag operation. Do these anti-marijuana or anti-Anutin forces think people are really this gullible?

Some adult(s) with an agenda set this up to get the picture, these kids are just props.

But so very sad they would abuse these children for their political ends.

Certainly the adult providing it openly should have been arrested. But I really doubt he was the only one involved.  

It’s not the street legal status of marijuana that would allow access, it’s been available for decades. Only the political aspect of preventing Anutins possible rise to PM next election would prompt this despicable ‘Photo-Op’ to be staged.

Without proof pot supporters are jumping on the excuse that this was a set up. Maybe they should just acknowledge pot is another drug that should not be encouraged like all drugs including alcohol. So this government places restrictions on the hours that alcohol can be sold why not do the same for pot. Dont get me wrong I enjoy a beer or two, but the whole pot thing smacks of tourism promotion and some behind the scene commercial benefit of certain connected individuals. Good luck with promoting Thailand as a great family holiday venue.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Personally I think weed should be banned as before , BUT in actual defence of the minister and weed,  does this mean the transport minister should be  fired also for the same kids - and all kids here under 14 it seems - riding motorbikes illegally ?  

Yes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

By this comment you are not understanding that especially when you are pre teen/young. Most of these  kids don't know what is even CONSIDERED legal or not. Opium , cocaine , yabaa, Tina,  ecstasy are not less available here than even alcohol!  For most pre teens alcohol is the hardest to get and even do in public.  In inner cities and rural areas as well in North America , Europe etc alcohol is also harder to get. Other drugs readily available. So that is why I think your thinking is def in a " bubble mentality " many find drugs to shoot up easier to get.  By your thinking alcohol is easy to get.  Yes if over 20 it's very accessible. Under 20 harder to get but available. 

I guess it depends on the neighborhood. In my neighborhood alcohol is readily available in refrigerators and on kitchen shelves to kids. Yaba, cocaine, opium etc are much less available. Similar situation to my North American neighborhood as a youth. 

Apparently it's different where you live/lived. 

The press ( & politicians) are good at finding an "Outlier"

that can make the whole program look bad.

For example - I would like to ask the government to outlaw CIGARETTES

because they are harming the health of our monkey's.

As proof I offer this photo !

If you quit smoking, your body will undergo these 7 'awful' changes - India  Today