More than ten Thai restaurants caught selling alcohol beyond legal time

snoop1130

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

selling booze past midnight was illegal

RTP with own rules again? If bars and restaurants are allowed to open till 2 AM they can sell alcohol too, but past midnight now not allowed? Why open the nightlife till 4 am than as they so deeply want? Or does the RTP as a few years they saidthemselves doesn't know the laws???  I thought after 17.00 to 5 am it is allowed to buy alcohol, but apparently not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

Police threating tourists = with srrest, welcom to new Thailand, - shooting themselves in the foot as usual - I know of 6 people who came here for a holiday 3x times a year who will not be back until they sort this ### out

Thailand right now is not a great place to visit 

These 6 people are a big loss for Thailand. But it is good that the police enforces the law. What is wrong with it? And the pub should have been closed after 2am already. I guess only a small percentage of the tourists has a problem with this.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, smedly said:

Police threating tourists = with srrest, welcom to new Thailand, - shooting themselves in the foot as usual - I know of 6 people who came here for a holiday 3x times a year who will not be back until they sort this ### out

Thailand right now is not a great place to visit 

Nonsense.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

"Pattaya police continued their regular patrol around the entertainment areas to keep the(ir) (re)venues in order"

I really don't think that's the case. The Pol Maj Gen is on a mission and I don't suppose he wants to harm his chances of promotion by taking backhanders. 

But then, you probably don't even know who I'm talking about.

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

It is a minefield isn't it. Maybe the selling times depends where you are, if you are a bar in an "entertainment" area, you may be able to open later as opposed to a bar restaurant on a street for example. I believe the vagueness is deliberate to allow the BIB to extort money. In Hua hin before, for a long time, we were only allowed to open until midnight. The BIB came past on motorbikes at 11:45 as a reminder, then again at 12:15. However, certain bars in Soi 80, and Bintabaht were open until 2A.M. and sometimes later.................A free ice cream if you guess who owned those bars.......:whistling: 

What vagueness? They have dedicated entertainment zones where the bars are legally allowed to serve alcohol until 2:00 AM. Eg. Patpong, Nana Plaza. 

11 hours ago, Onerak said:

Desperate people who fled their own country because their voices are not heard and women in their own countries have rejected them  come to Thailand, survive on "wife visa" and complain in this forum only because that is where their voices are heard amongst their own kind. And it provides entertainment for people like me who don't not have anything constructive to do. 

Sorry, I left my own country last not least because I <deleted> by lazy greedy women of my age who in fact wanted me to stay so they can grab money out of me in GerMoney. 

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

RTP with own rules again? If bars and restaurants are allowed to open till 2 AM they can sell alcohol too, but past midnight now not allowed? Why open the nightlife till 4 am than as they so deeply want? Or does the RTP as a few years they saidthemselves doesn't know the laws???  I thought after 17.00 to 5 am it is allowed to buy alcohol, but apparently not.

!7;00 to Midnight legal to buy/sell alcohol. Midnight to 11;00 illegal to buy/sell alcohol. After midnight you need a special ( entertainment)  license. 

1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

You naughty, naughty boy....It is illegal to drink on the street.............100 lashes with a wet lettuce and confined to home for a week............:whistling:

Is it OK to drink on the street outside a 7/11? Cos my local 7/11 usually has 3 or 4, just casually drinking beer out of the bottle bought in the shop, they even have a bottle cap opener to assist you!

7 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Is it OK to drink on the street outside a 7/11? Cos my local 7/11 usually has 3 or 4, just casually drinking beer out of the bottle bought in the shop, they even have a bottle cap opener to assist you!

Some I guess Russians even walk around with the beer bottle in their hand. Obviously this is their water bottle replacement ????

• Thumbs Up 1

So the other 8'500 places managed to sneak through unseen then ....... It is exactly this extortion rip off by the RTP which ensures such laws like no booze from 2pm to 5pm or after midnight. Where else could they line their pockets that easy?