Rate for electricity

lyskamm

12 hours ago, lyskamm said:

Just wondering how much is the average rate for one unit of electricity in a house/condo Phangnga South Thailand?

It depends on who you have to pay. If paid direct to the PEA the current rate is 3.81 baht/unit.

I should have said with tax and adjustments my actual rate 4.86 baht/unit, but I don't know if the adjustments are regional.

Edited by sandyf

9 minutes ago, Crossy said:

But, there's a potential (possibly large) increase in the pipeline for January

I seem to recall it was said to be 5.5 but not sure if that is base rate or with tax. Even on the base rate it would still be well below many other countries.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, worrab said:

Here in Bang Saphan Noi once you have added service charge, then there is a discount for some reason and then add in VAT the charge works out at 3.76 per unit.

Total baht divided by units used is 3.76? actually i just double checked mine in Pattaya and the net cost is 3.84 baht a unit

Edited by scubascuba3

MEA/PEA tarrifs are identical nationwide.

Rate per unit rises with consumption. 5 Baht is a rule of thumb for private single household (less than 400 units).

Currently there are state subsidies for some discounts (forgot the details, will end soon).

Rates by landlord are arbitrary.

Our last few bills were a bit more than 5 Baht/unit overall.

We get no discount (reason is quite unique not worth detailing).

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

It depends on who you have to pay. If paid direct to the PEA the current rate is 3.81 baht/unit.

I should have said with tax and adjustments my actual rate 4.86 baht/unit, but I don't know if the adjustments are regional.

If I divide what I actually pay by the number of units, I pay Bht 4.61 by using less than 500 units in the month.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Rate per unit rises with consumption. 5 Baht is a rule of thumb for private single household.

Currently there are state subsidies for some discounts (forgot the details, will end soon).

Our last few bills were a bit more than 5 Baht/unit overall.

We get no discount (reason is quite unique not worth detailing).

The ones quoting 4 or less Baht per kWh might be outdated, as tarrifs increased by 30% 3 months ago.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thalueng said:

The ones quoting 4 or less Baht per kWh might be outdated, as tarrifs increased by 30% 3 months ago.

The only reason for such low rates might be the subsidies (which we don't get).

Otherwise 5 Baht or more.

Edited by KhunBENQ

5 minutes ago, Thalueng said:

Depends what electric supply you have 15/45 there is always cost some may have 5/15 and get a zero bill even with a small fridge used and some light. 

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I have good airflow in my condo so don't use AC much, 115 units November

As above, discount 105.85.

After discount ends:

373.56 + 38.22 + 107.44 = 518.66

7% = 36.31

Total 554.97

4.82 Baht/kWh

115 units is within the first section (up to 150).

So exceptionally low.

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

If I divide what I actually pay by the number of units, I pay Bht 4.61 by using less than 500 units in the month.

You have to refer to the base rate as the adjustments vary each month. in July with the same base rate my actual rate was 4.51.

I only use about 300 units/month.

3 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

If you are below 300 units you get an Ft discount as shown on the bill above. 

That can't be right, I got the same discount of 110 baht on 356 units for Nov.

In August at 290 units I got 67 baht discount, but in July when we went over 400 units there was no discount.

29 minutes ago, sandyf said:

That can't be right, I got the same discount of 110 baht on 356 units for Nov.

In August at 290 units I got 67 baht discount, but in July when we went over 400 units there was no discount.

IIRC discounts are for bills printed in September, October and November.

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Total baht divided by units used is 3.76? actually i just double checked mine in Pattaya and the net cost is 3.84 baht a unit

Last month MIL had 145 units which worked out at 3.76. Our house used 190 which works out at 3.92.

October bills, MIL used 124 units which came to 3.72. We used 259 which equated to 4.08.

So there is plenty of variation here in Bang Saphan Noi.

19 minutes ago, Crossy said:

IIRC discounts are for bills printed in September, October and November.

So you would agree that this statement made in relation to a Nov bill was wrong on 2 counts.

"If you are below 300 units you get an Ft discount as shown on the bill above. "

What does IIRC refer to, I can't read the Thai, and what was the discount in August for?

There's a thread somewhere that details the FT discounts, sorry I'm not going looking for it (IIRC it was in the News forum).

Google Translate on your phone CAN read Thai and gives quite good results on energy bills.

Our bills that were printed on 18/09, 19/10 and 18/11 show the FT discount as a -ve amount under the FT charge.

The discount is almost 1 Baht per unit if usage is below 300kWh, a sliding scale between 300 and 500kWh usage and no discount over 500kWh usage.

Our last bill (printed on 18/11) for 114kWh usage shows an FT charge of 106.51 Baht, immediately followed by the rebate of 104.93 Baht.

The bill printed on 19/10 for 303kWh shows an FT charge of 283.09 Baht, followed by the rebate of 156.05 Baht (just missed the full rebate by 3kWh ???? ).

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Rate per unit rises with consumption. 5 Baht is a rule of thumb for private single household (less than 400 units).

"Rates by landlord are arbitrary".

Those rates are also illegal but they get away with it.

• Like 1