Rate for electricity

lyskamm

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

U got a link for that, I thought it was only for 3 months (I would love to be proven wrong).

I will have to look for it, it was on here.

Edit: Found it

https://aseannow.com/topic/1269638-household-electricity-users-to-get-discounts-from-september-to-december/

Thailand’s Committee on Energy Policy Administration (CEPA) agreed today (Monday) to help shoulder the burden on household electricity consumers through discounts from September until December, the period the fuel tariff (FT) will be hiked.

According to the committee, households which use no more than 300 units of electricity per month will get a discount of 92.04 satang per unit from September until end of December

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, KannikaP said:
5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

My 3.84 baht a unit was November PEA

How many units did you use? Show us your bill. 3.84 is very low.

His rate seems about right.  My bill for June 22 worked out at B3.77 per unit.  November's was the equivalent of B3.83 per unit.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

His rate seems about right.  My bill for June 22 worked out at B3.77 per unit.  November's was the equivalent of B3.83 per unit.

Electricity in Thailand is on a Sliding Scale

First 150 kWh. ( 0 – 150 th)
Next 250 kWh.
( 151 st – 400 th)
Over 400 kWh.
( 401 st and over)

Exclu FT / VAT / Service Charge so someone using a little can't compare his / her bill to someone uses a LOT more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MJCM said:

@Crossy

So Sept - Oct, Oct - Nov and Nov - Dec bill periods get the discounts.

So 3 Periods.

I await our 19/12 bill with bated breath ???? 

Current prediction (if the weather plays ball) is for about 200kWh.

Just now, Crossy said:

I am almost certain that you still (if keeping under the 300 units) that you get the maximum discount.

That said, I am more afraid of the 16th of January 2023 bill (with the proposed increased Ft rate)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So you are using less than 150 units per month.

My guess he used approx 165 Units with a total bill of around 630 THB (if 3,83 THB per Unit that is)

Edited by MJCM
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Current prediction (if the weather plays ball) is for about 200kWh.

I used 687 kWh from 16/10 to 15/11. I nearly fell of me chair when I read the bill because I was actually trying to conserve electricity. must have passed out to many times with the (old, inefficient) aircon on.

20221203_163621.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Lemsta69 said:

I used 687 kWh from 16/10 to 15/11. I nearly fell of me chair when I read the bill because I was actually trying to conserve electricity. must have passed out to many times with the (old, inefficient) aircon on.

20221203_163621.jpg

If you think that is high, wait your next bill with an FT (if you used that much) of 1545 THB and total bill of 4703 THB (if the FT rises to 224,98 satang per unit)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Yeah, we actually use about 30-35kWh per day, but this makes a bit of a difference :whistling:

65067.jpg.6fa03ddead615ce7dfd24dabcf5d3dbf.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MJCM said:

If you think that is high, wait your next bill with an FT (if you used that much) of 1545 THB and total bill of 4703 THB (if the FT rises to 224,98 satang per unit)

yeah it's not going to be pretty. time to wean myself off the aircon I guess ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

yeah it's not going to be pretty. time to wean myself off the aircon I guess ????

Time for that nice, new, inverter A/C (yes, they do make a visible difference) ???? 

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Time for that nice, new, inverter A/C (yes, they do make a visible difference) ???? 

rented condo, lease is up in 2 months and I'll be downsizing otherwise yeah I'd be all over it. every time I hear the "clunk" of the unit switching on or off I think, oops, there goes another hundred baht ????

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:
4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Wrong, on all counts!

Care to explain, would like to learn from my mistakes.

No, I wouldn't "care to explain", the figures I posted are correct.  Work it out yourself if you're so interested in the forensics of my electricity bills for that property.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I wouldn't "care to explain", the figures I posted are correct.  Work it out yourself if you're so interested in the forensics of my electricity bills for that property.

No problem.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Total baht divided by units used is 3.76? actually i just double checked mine in Pattaya and the net cost is 3.84 baht a unit

Mine also. Paid direct to PEA: 3.84 baht/unit. 116 units consumption in November. Single in 1.5 room condo.

14 hours ago, Crossy said:

But, there's a potential (possibly large) increase in the pipeline for January ???? 

FT rate is up. (accordingtothewife).  My electric bills are up.   I'm surprised not many people are complaining.